Nervous for Sunday...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2013
      Hey all....I'm nervous for Sunday. I know I can't do anything about it, but I want the victory so much!! Being the last game of the weekend, we'll know whether we have a home game or not and we'll know the possibilities for the NFC opponent. Guess it won't matter much, but it would be nice to know that we do have another home game (if we win that is). I'm sure that BB will do everything to prepare them mentally so they're not overzealous and assuming.

      IF we're not in the SB, I hope it's anyone but Denver and in the NFC anyone but Seattle. My worst-case nightmare SB would be Seattle/Denver and at that point, I'd pass on the SB. Wouldn't even be able to pick the lesser of the two evils. I hate the Seahawks on many fronts and I really don't like Denver much either.

      Who's going to the game?? GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I hope David is right and that TB gets his 4th ring against his childhood team!!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2013
        Have to say that I disagree with you on Denver, Susan. My attitude is that Denver is the team i'd want to make it, if the Patriots don't. But I can't root for that, because, despite my great respect for Peyton Manning, I want Denver to lose this week, so that our Patriots get a home game for the AFC Championship; which would obviously be against the Ravens. So there is no second choice!

        I have no strong ill feelings toward any of the 8 teams remaining in the playoffs. In fact, the only teams against which I have strong feelings now are the Jets (who will always be #1 on my enemy list), the Cowboys (for as long as Jerry Jones is  the owner), and the Steelers (whose arrogance over the past decade can not be overlooked). Every other team in the league is now simply an opponent to me. The Giants and Ravens are teams I feel strongly about beating, because of the painful losses they've pinned on us in recent years. But, unlike the Jets, Cowboys, and Steelers, I don't root against them in every game they play. That, to me, is the definition of a team I hate - wanting them to lose against every opponent, not just against the Patriots.

        So this weekend, I will be rooting for the Ravens as my second priority. The first priority, of course, is ...

        GO PATRIOTS!

        --
        -- George
      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
          Hey, George. Let's say the Jets were in last place in the division (I know, that's a good start), and we were tied for first with Miami, last week of the season. Miami's playing the Jets, and a Miami loss gives us #1 seed. I guessing that would be the one exception,regarding the Jets. ;o)

          fdb

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
            I'll give you that one, Frank! :-)

            --