@ the game

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
      Enjoyed a great tailgate at Zip's.  Monty made his kielbasa & marinated steak tips while Mrs Bruschi made her chili.  I ate most of it to keep it from getting cold.  Darren's Buffalo chicken topped off the feast.  Listbuds Laureen & Larry, Steve, Darren, bill et. al. made it a strong showing.  Finally got to meet MiGuel and Bledsoe Angie, who for some reason was not really excited about the game.

      Memo to Brady: NO coffee in the morning before the game.  Was overthrowing guys.  I will admit that that is the safe default position to throw the ball to avoid INTs.

      Graham may steal my "Hands of Stone" football nickname.

      Is there a new NFL rule that compensated for Drew being slow getting off the play by allowing him 2 seconds over on the play clock each week?

      I'll be bummed if Brady has more catches than Glenn the rest of the season.

      -philw (in good spirits, won the football pool)
    • George The Patsfan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
        From: PhilW1776@...
        To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, patriots@...
        Subject: @ the game
        Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:50:11 EST

        Graham may steal my "Hands of Stone" football nickname.

        ***** I am bewildered by this. Graham was known throughout his college
        career for his good hands. If you'll recall, he made some great grabs during
        pre-season. But he has dropped *several* balls during the past few weeks
        that he should have had. Strange. Without those drops, I think he'd be
        getting a lot more playing time. He obviously has the best YAC ability of
        all the TEs, and has consistently shown that. But ya gots ta catch it before
        ya can run with it, son!

        Is there a new NFL rule that compensated for Drew being slow getting off the
        play by allowing him 2 seconds over on the play clock each week?

        ***** Seemed to me that the officiating really hurt us in this game. I saw
        at least two OL holding offenses that weren't called on big plays by the
        Bills; plus a couple of no calls on their DBs holding our receivers. I'm
        close to being swayed by the "conspiracy theory" on the officiating against
        us this year. It really does appear to be very lopsided (98 against us/77 on
        opponents).

        I'll be bummed if Brady has more catches than Glenn the rest of the season.

        ***** Looks like we'll get nothing in return for her. Just like most
        divorces, I guess. ;-)

        George 665 + 36 =
        ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      • philw1776@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
          In a message dated 12/9/2002 11:38:20 AM Eastern Standard Time, patsfangr@... writes:

          Graham may steal my "Hands of Stone" football nickname.

          ***** I am bewildered by this. Graham was known throughout his college
          career for his good hands. If you'll recall, he made some great grabs during
          pre-season. But he has dropped *several* balls during the past few weeks
          that he should have had. Strange. Without those drops, I think he'd be
          getting a lot more playing time. He obviously has the best YAC ability of
          all the TEs, and has consistently shown that. But ya gots ta catch it before
          ya can run with it, son!

          I personally think that George has cursed us here.  Any time he likes a TE, the TE sucks, e.g. "Stachmo" Stachelski or whatever from a past draft.

          -philw (blame George, that's it)