Re: Pats release 4 players...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 2012
      Well, Jermaine Cunningham just came off his suspension, so they want to make room for him on the active roster. Dropping players from the PS is pretty routine, so they may just be looking to upgrade with more known quantities, in case they have injuries from here on out.

      They also may simply have been unhappy with the performance of the players released. Will be interesting to see what they do with the second active roster slot. They may have someone in mind. You just never know.

      fdb

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 2012
        THANKS!! I always like to hear what anybody's opinions are. I'm going no-mail for our trip to the Sierra Club lodge near Tahoe. It's rustic and has little signal and no TV, SO I hope you guys can get us a win while I'm gone!!!!!!! Also, a bye if possible (probably not).
        Hope you all had a nice holiday and GO PATS!!!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 25, 2012
          I had forgotten about Cunningham, Frank. He will almost certainly be one of those spots. Hopefully, his return, combined with Jones shaking of the rust last week, will improve the anemic pass rush we've been seeing.

          The QBs we'll be facing in the playoffs, including the probable first one, Dalton, are all good enough to tear us apart, if they have time to survey the field.

          Pass pressure, on both sides of the ball, will, IMO, be a significant factor in our playoff performance. Despite the almost automatic MVP awards to the QBs, it's the play of the "big uglies" that decides most playoff games, even more so than regular season games.

          --
          -- George
        • patfan1@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 26, 2012