Nice Curran slam of some of his aholish fellow mediots

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
      http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Curran-Texans-turn-at-trying-to-roll-wit?blockID=811909&feedID=3352

      The current Patriots are -- along with the 80s and 90s
      49ers, the 60s Packers, and the 70s Steelers -- the most
      successful organization the NFL has seen.

      And there is no end in sight, especially with their
      35-year-old quarterback playing better with each passing
      season.

      You don't get to hear that enough. Why is that?

      [snip]

      Those born before 1960 are afflicted with a more
      virulent strain of miserable. They romanticize the 1967
      Red Sox, a team that didn't even win the friggin' World
      Series, as the pinnacle of their sports-viewing
      lives. They remember a time when the teams they covered
      needed them because they were the only voice in
      town. Now, not so much.

      They could only take so much success from one franchise
      before reverting to the hackneyed, sky-is-falling, "you
      don't know what we know" storylines that get them to
      deadline and onto their next gig.

      --
      Rich Carreiro rich@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
        NICE!!!! Remember we're Patriots fanatics out here in SoCal, with no football team in sight. My 13 year old son gets so mad when no one says anything nice about the Pats and all of their success.
        SO, we discuss it to no end...lol! He doesn't understand why they don't talk about Brady and his success or the whole team and I tell him that those accolades are reserved for the king of the NFL (PP and his bro).
        That Broncos bandwagon is so heavy right now that Atlas himself could not pick it up.
        He says the kids at school talk about the Texans dynasty...huh? The Packers are SO good right now, the Giants dynasty, blah blah and oh, the Jets are SO good right now that they are going to win the division. I told him it's already in the bag but no one cares--Jets are great.
        Poor guy--it's hard to hear all that crud at age 13. Yesterday I told him that the Pats only really have one Super Bowl in 10 years because PP whined about how they should have been his. He won 3 SBs with his Nags because that's what he says happened. (sarcasm of course...but my son enjoyed it)

        I'm beyond nervous for tonight....COME ON PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's yours for that taking!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
          I think one thing that actually puts what this organization ahead of anyone in the past ... the Pats have done this in the free-agency era.

          And let's not go overboard about the Pats not getting enough attention. There are many writers, Peter King amongst them, that is blasted by fans of other teams for his continual comments about the Pats.

          There will always be haters, and that's fine. No one ever hates a losing team.

          Monty