The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (J-E-T-S)

  • Levine, David
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
      The Good
      - 3 touchdowns in 52 seconds is pretty good. All 3 phases scored too.
      - 109 points in 5 days. Not a bad week of work.
      - Brady got his stuff together after a shaky start and really showed what he was worth. Listened to Boomer on the radio and he mentioned that Tom was throwing a lot on the sidelines trying to work something out. He certainly did.
      - Could you see how fired up 12 was? Every score was like a Super Bowl score. He was pissed that he missed Lloyd for a TD on a deep throw. "Crazy Legs" also had a rushing TD.
      - Vince might have played his best game as a Pat. He was completely dominant. He literally threw Brandon Moore (after beating the double team) back into Sanchez forcing a fumble.
      - We are now +24 in turnover differential with only 8 giveaways all season. That is +11 on Chicago who has only 1 more takeaway than us.
      - The patchwork OL played a great game, giving Brady all day to throw. No sacks and only the opening play of the game grounding call. 2 weeks in a row without a sack.
      - Vereen has some speed. Great play design on the wheel route. Welker went inside taking the defender and safety with him. Vereen runs nice and wide and motors down the sideline for a TD.
      - Gregory deserves special notice here. He played a whale of a game with an INT and 2 fumble recoveries plus the TD.
      - What a shock...McCourty caused another fumble.
      - What a shock...Ninkovitch has another recovery.
      - Nice to see Hernandez back on the field. He will need the rest of the season to get back into game shape before the playoffs but there is no need to rush it. We have enough weapons so he doesn't need to go wire to wire.
      - No better way to get BB his 200th win.
      - Dennard and Talib play all but 1 down and were solid all game. Both will only get better from here and could provide us with a big boost come playoff time.
      - Love the goal line stand in the 3rd quarter. Yes, the game was over but they still played tough and forced the turnover on downs.
      - It's good to have a nice Jewish boy perform some wholesome halftime music. I have always liked Lenny and his music.

      The Bad
      - A little miscommunication between Hoomanawanui and Ridley on the chop block in the EZ. It looked like a bad play design to try and pick up the blitzer up the middle after the play fake caused both backs to go around Brady. Couldn't get there in time and 1 went high when one went low.
      - 8 penalties including a couple of offsides and an unnecessary roughness call can get us into trouble against good teams. I understand that once the rout was on, you get amped up but you must control yourself and not do something stupid.
      - Edelman took a shot and came up with a concussion. He was playing great up to that point as well. We need him on the field as a punt returner as well as that other slot guy.
      - Another missed FG but this one may not land solely on Ghost. The snap and hold looked a little funky.
      - Baltimore won again when they had no business doing so. Down 10 with 5 to go, the Chargers couldn't seal the deal. They had a shot in OT but screwed that up too.
      - Houston wins.

      The Ugly
      - Brandon Moore's ass is now tied for 3rd on the Jets team for forced fumbles this year.
      - I saw Fireman Ed without his helmet in the stands, that was until he left at halftime. Didn't find out until just this morning that he is hanging it up because of confrontations with other Jets fans in the stands. Though I hated the Jets, I liked Ed as he was so involved and such a huge fan. He will still go to games, just without the helmet.
      - Tebow was dressed for the game but had broken ribs and would have had to throw with his opposite arm if he did play. I am wondering if the Jest with get penalized for not announcing the injury.
      - The Houston/Detroit challenge debacle. I understand the rule that if you throw a challenge flag on a play that can't be challenged you get a 15 yard penalty. This is meant to prevent a team from slowing the pace. In this case, however, the play was going to be automatically reviewed. Since the challenge flag came out, the rule is enforced. Why, however, the play is still not reviewed is beyond me. It was a dead ball foul. How does that negate the automatic review of the TD? That stupid move by the coach cost his team the game.
      - The OT in Detroit. How many missed FGs can there be?
      - Sexy Rexy said he will never concede that the Jets can't catch the Pats. I would agree with that. The only difference will be that Sexy will be long gone when it does. My guess is that it won't happen until Brady and BB hang 'em up.

      Dave
    • Levine, David
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 23, 2014
        The Good
        - Another win means we have locked up the first round bye.
        - Thanks to Cincy, the AFC champion comes out of Foxborough.
        - The D continues to play at a high level, not allowing a TD in the 2nd half for the 5th straight game. We play like this and it will be very hard for anyone to beat us. Seliga has really made a difference to this team in the middle.
        - Revis only allows 2 catches and shuts down whomever he covers. Such a luxury for us.
        - Amendola played well in the Edelman role. He also provides a spark to the return game.
        - Air Vince blocks another kick. That's 4 on the year. Pretty damn impressive. Whatever our schemes are, they are working. Key sack by Hightower on the play before
        - Without 3 key contributors, we still managed to pull out a win against an opponent who treated this like their super bowl.
        - Brady makes another play with his legs, running 11 yards for a first and goal from the 3. Smart to get down as he would have gotten himself killed.
        - Glad we committed to the run game in a goal to go situation. We need to be able to run the ball when we need to.
        - We bottled up the Jets running attack which is actually pretty good. We didn't have to commit any extra people to the box and did the job
        - Is there a more athletic player in the league than Jamie Collins? The guy can just flat out play and think about how good he'll be when he really understands the game.
        - Chandler Jones held up against the run well. You don't normally hear about this part of his game but he did well against a mauling OL.

        The Bad
        - Our O got into gear with the hurry up attack but we never maintained it. I want to know why we went away from something that works so well.
        - The OL was bad. Is Connolly that important? If so, we are in trouble going forward as no backup is good enough to come in and play. Kline failed as a fill in. Once we pulled him, we didn't allow another sack.
        - We didn't commit to the run game. Too many passes allowed the Jets DL to just pin their ears back and go. We need to make them honor the play action, which is such an important part of the offence.
        - No pass rush. I would have liked to see a little pressure on the QB.
        - Logan Ryan was awful. He was nowhere near his receiver. When it's cover 1, you can't get caught looking in the backfield and let your guy get behind you. Arrington is a much needed piece of the D.
        - Why do we seem to make below average QBs look like great QBs. There is no way Gino should have thrown that well against us. A couple of drops that are caught and we are looking at a different outcome

        The Ugly
        - Never like to see injuries and seeing Mangold come off the field after Vince was push over and into his leg is no good.
        - One week after beating the Packers to salvage your playoff hopes, you lose to the Raiders. The Bills are going to fold to us next week.

        Dave