RE: [patriotzip] Question for rules geeks - DPI in EZ when LOS inside the 1?

  • Gary Whitten
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2012

      Actually, I think it stays at the one yard line as the announcement is ‘By rule, the ball is placed at the one yard line’.

      It’s not really punishing the offense since you get a new set of downs.   If you can’t get it in from the one yard on 3-4 (or more tries) you probably don’t deserve the 6 points anyhow.