Re: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Bills)

    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 13, 2012
      Good analysis and glad you had fun at the game. Wish I could go!
      Congrats to your son and his football team--I had many years in Pop Warner.

      I think that we will win the division, but we'll really have to fight for that seeding spot. Was hoping that the Steelers would lose last night to make it a little bit easier.
      Can't believe we're tied with PP's old team and his new one. Thought we'd get a break from the Colts but Luck seems to be doing the trick.

      Well, all we can do is our own game...GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Message 51 of 51 , Nov 2, 2016
        Wow.  And exactly why SHOULDN’T he be in consideration for MVP, despite missing 25% of the season?

        If he leads the league in stats, and is truly the MOST valuable player, why not?

        GOAT.
        --
        Steve Basile
        Chief Fanatic

        On Nov 2, 2016, at 7:25 AM, George Richman patswingr@... [patriotzip] <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        !!! This may be a bigger shock than the trade of Collins

        "- Tom Brady has more rushing yards than Russell Wilson.  Wilson has played in 3 more games than Brady."

        In any case, I nominate it for "stat of the year"! :-)

        Good job, as always, Dave.
        --- George

        On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Levine, Dave via patriots <patriots@...> wrote:
        The Good
        - Gronk got his 69th TD to take over the all-time TD lead from Stanley Morgan.  Unfortunately he did not act sophomoric enough but maybe BB talked to him about it.  1 more TD and he will have 420 points.  That could be fun.
        - Another game without an INT.  Next one ties the modern record of 9 games without a pick.  10 is the record set in 1960ish by the Browns.
        - TB12 is making it look easy.  Whatever they did in the off season with his deep game has worked.  He is just dropping dimes all over the place.  The pass to Hogan was spot on and the one to Gronk, though shorter, was money as well.
        - Our D came to hit today.  McCourty, Hightower, Chung.  All clean, textbook hits.
        - Our 15 is better than their 15 and our 15 used to be their 15 and their 15 used to be our 19.  All told, I think that's 79, which has been retired.
        - Perfect time for a bye week.  This will give Bennett a chance to heal a little bit.  Give the coaches a chance to make some adjustments on the OL to get more consistent protection.  Gives Lewis some additional time to get reps with the team.  Give Ghost a chance to feel good about himself after a solid game.
        - I think the Pats should have a read option play with Brady.  No one will expect it and there is no chance they would actually think TB12 would keep it.  If we need some quick (sorry, slow) yardage, that's the secret play.
        - The special teams played much better today.  The coverage was fantastic, holding the Bills to minimal gains on returns.  The blocking for Dola was tremendous, giving him the early lane to get up to full speed, allowing him to make people miss and pick up huge yardage.
        - TB12 now has 26 wins (vs 3 losses) to Buffalo which ties him for the lead in victories against an opponent (Favre vs. Detroit).
        - Portland Bulldogs had a bye week as the number one seed.  We get to play Oxford Hills next week who we defeated 32-7 in week 4.  They kept it close for the first 2 quarters but we pulled away after the half.  It should be easier this time around as that was our first game without our starting stud RB (torn ACL the previous week) and we were still feeling out the replacement.  We are up to speed and should role to the Class A north title game the following week.

        The Bad
        - The rap that the D is getting.  When the game mattered, we gave up 15 points.  That's it.  We had 2 stops in the red zone and forced the Bills to march repeatedly down the field only to falter at the end.  One of the series that we gave up points was after forcing a punt where the punter made a play and ran for it.  We had a letdown and didn't recover until they scored.  Once the game was well in hand (up 3 TDs), the D backed off and let the Bills move a little easier.  Our O didn't help either by going 3 and out twice in a row while just trying to burn time.  15 points will win football games.
        - Everyone bailed before the punt.  No one made sure that, even with a clean play, the punter didn't scramble.  You have to make sure the ball is kicked before you retreat.  This will be a great teaching point for BB going into the bye week.
        - Too many penalties.  We have to clean this up.  Too many men on the field cost us 5 and then, after walking off the yardage, we didn't have enough on the field forcing a time out.  Come one now.  This is the stuff of undisciplined teams like Buffalo and Oakland.  Granted, a couple were not penalties (hands to the face and the last PI on Rowe were both non-existent) but it's still too much.
        - Rowe had a very down game.  One of the PI calls was complete BS and directly led to a TD but the other one was blatant and he was out of position quite a bit.  Maybe it's time to get Cyrus out of the doghouse.  Hopefully the little puppy understands that he was bad.
        - It sucks that we have to trade Collins.  He is an athletic freak and a core part of our defense.  My guess is that we have approached him about a new contract and he wants a ton of money that we are not willing to pay.  We are going to probably invest in Hightower and can't get both.  Same reason we had to dump Chandlers Jones.  Instead of losing him, we trade him for 3rd round pick this year instead of a comp pick next year.  Now I understand why he wasn't playing yesterday and why we went out and got Van Noy.  Hopefully Roberts continues to play well.

        The Ugly
        -  I thought about it for a while but I just couldn't come up with a pithy remark.  The best I have is that there were 2 dildos on the field yesterday.  Rex Ryan and a latex one.  Weak, I know but for something so well set up, I've got nothing.  Anyone?
        - I understand that Oakland has a rep as being bad boys and undisciplined but good god.  23 penalties in a game for 200 yards.  That's a sign of a team that just doesn't give a damn.
        - The Cleveland Dawg Pound sign in the end zone just sums up the Browns in one, ridiculous picture.  Really.  I mean, really?  GPODAWUND?  Really?
        - Let's break down Ghosts kick by the yard.  For the first 25 yards, the ball was dead center and rising.  Plenty of leg, plenty of accuracy.  From 25 to 35, the ball takes a slight angle to the left, like a minor draw shot, something Ghost likes to do anyway.  From 35 to 45, the ball starts to flutter a little and hook to the left and dip, like one of my golf shots.  From 45 to 51, the ball, with a mind of its own, takes a sharp left and down, like it was blocked by Dikembe Mutombo.  I was just waiting for the uprights to start wagging back and forth like a finger.
        - Tom Brady has more rushing yards than Russell Wilson.  Wilson has played in 3 more games than Brady.

        Dave