Re: [patriotzip] Aqib Talib

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1 5:27 PM
      Right on all points, Scott. I LOVE this deal. I'm optimistic about BB taking care of Talib's behavior; but, of course, there are no guarantees when it comes to individual human issues. On the field, this guy could well be the best we've had since Ty Law. He can play!

      I half way expected some type of DB move when they released Moore; but nothing as big as the acquisition of one of the best cover CBs in the league. I'd like to see McCourty permanently move to FS now, with Chung (if he can stay on the field) at SS, and I'm thinking Dennard at the other CB.

      It is possible, if Talib does fit into BB's scheme, that our secondary could now be championship quality by the time the playoffs begin.

      - George

      On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Scott Sheaffer <kmacalp@...> wrote:

      Good move. Worth the risk for half the season. Obviously has a tremendous amount of talent. We'll have to see if he fits the system, but talent wise Talib is an upgrade over what we've put out there in recent years  at corner. Let's hope he's a problem player who follows the path of Corey Dillion and Randy Moss rather than Albert Haynesworth and Ocho Cinco.

      Scott Sheaffer
      KmacAlp@...
      Phantazine