Good game...

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2012
      Nice to see a victory, even though it's against a team that isn't up to par--AND we had injuries that we thought would affect the game. YEAH Pats!!

      I'm happy to see the Jesters lose, even if it IS to the fish--we're in solid first place for the moment. Guess the Bills were off?

      Also, under the "nasty" column--for me anyway, Giants beat the Cowboys in the game of unanswered points.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2015

        Nice game and good win!

        Not the best team around but the fish sure gave us some trouble with their defense.

        I figured we’d rise above after the halftime adjustments and come out strong.

        More Edelman than Gronk in this game.

        Personally I think Phil Simms is an idiot, but the other guy does better commentary at least.

        He gave the Pats lots of kudos and even defended them when he said other people ask why they don’t surround Brady with better players.

        HUH????? He said that the staff they always have showcases their main player, the QB or something like that.

        When the Fish’s QB did that bonehead play of not being ready for the snap of the ball, I figured they’d find some way to blame the Pats like Ben R-Burger did.

        Being off sides or doing some sort of unwritten rule, but they didn’t say anything. Funny play though—more like a Pop Warner play.

        Read that they swept the Jets locker room for “cheating tools” before last Sunday’s game…lol!

        Maybe if the Jets swept the rule books more often, they could find some way to outwit BB???

        He and his team are at the top of their game right now…

        susan

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2015
          I don't think the Patriots are at the top of their game right now, Susan. They're playing very well, yes. But don't forget that they're missing some important players due to injury. Three of the original 2015 OL starters, plus the primary backup were out in this game (OT Solder, OG Mason, OG Jackson [hurt during the game], and "swing tackle" Cannon). Yet they still managed to score 36 points against a decent (though not great) defense. I have to again add kudos to the "team within a team", that mix and match group playing the OL; and to the guy coaching them, Dave DeGuglielmo (the guy is working miracles!).

          Hopefully, those injuries to all but Solder, who's gone for the season, will heal quickly. The team will need a healthy OL against Denver in 3 weeks. And, hopefully, we'll also get to see Stork back in there to give some rest to Andrews, who has been nothing short of spectacular as a rookie at OC. I still wonder if BB and 'Guge' won't try to work either Andrews or Stork at the OG position, despite their lack of experience at it. Seems a shame not to have both of them on the field at the same time. BB has always wanted maximum versatility out of his players. Here are two very good ones who play only one position, so far.

          It was good to see LaFell make a couple of tough catches. No question that he's not quite at the top of his game yet; but I believe he'll get there. SO many weapons on this offense! But, again, it takes great work by the OL to give those guys the opportunities to succeed.

          As for the defense, they played very well yesterday. We are definitely seeing significant improvement in both the run and pass D, as the season goes along. But there is still room for improvement, as BB noted. I don't think that the secondary, in particular, is close to "championship" level yet. But there's no question that they're better than they were on opening day. We see new faces almost every week back there. Melvin (from Eagles PS), and rookies Coleman and Richards are all getting significant snaps recently. All are making some plays, and some mistakes. So, again, room for improvement.

          We have to hope that they all continue to improve, because the time we want them at the TOP of their game is in January and February. Until then, we should be looking for improvement in every game. You KNOW that BB will! :-)

          --- George
          Just DO YOUR JOB, and count the wins.