- Just a note, we weren t behind 14 in the second. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry ... From: Susan Moore Sender:Message 1 of 36 , Oct 1, 2012View SourceJust a note, we weren't behind 14 in the second.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "Susan Moore" <scmoore90@...>Sender: email@example.comDate: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 14:55:48 -0700To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>ReplyTo: email@example.comSubject: Re: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Bills)Good analysis as usual!! I appreciate it even I don't always say it!I would move "Jets dismantled" and "Saints 0-4" to the GOOD column, just saying on a technicality...lol!Also, under BAD I'd put being down by 14 in the second quarter to the Bills, but I guess that's splitting hairs because the game is 60 minutes and not 30.----- Original Message -----From: Levine, DavidSent: Monday, October 01, 2012 12:25 PMSubject: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Bills)The Good
- How about that OL. They gave Brady all day to throw and created holes for RBs that I could have gotten positive yardage out of. Wow, what a performance.
- Both RBs ran great. Ridley and Bolden both look like keepers. Vereen may not be part of this team if they play like this. It’s hard not to make positive yardage with the holes they were getting but both showed patience and trusted their blockers. They hit the LOS hard and turned it up field. Both knew when to put their head down and run over the defender. Loved Bolden’s TD. Hit at the 4 and just powered his way into the end zone.
- Tom “Crazy Legs” Brady and his TD run. “Happens as often as Halley’s Comet”. Smart play by a smart player.
- How about Wes? Looks like we no longer get to complain that he isn’t part of the offence anymore. Passes Brown for number 2 on the yardage list. Only behind Morgan.
- Spikes brings it every play. Love it that he is healthy. The forced fumble at the goal line was the key to the game. They score and we are down 14 at the half. Forced another fumble later.
- Is anyone playing better than Vince? He bats down a pass, recovers a fumble and then plasters a poor WR on a dump off. If anyone is teaching children how to tackle, watch that play. Head up, lead with the shoulder and chest, no helmet to helmet contact, wrap up, drive through the opponent and take him to the ground. Perfect technique.
- McCourty played a great game. He was in coverage well throughout the game and made 2 nice plays for INTs, making up for the 1 drop last week (yes, 1. The other was a good play by the WR to knock it away).
- We scored on our last 7 possessions. 6 TDs and a FG. Only 2 of which were in the 3rd quarter.
- Our loss to Arizona isn’t so hard to handle now. They are a good team.
- 2 – 100 yard rushers and 2 – 100 yard receivers in one game. Wow.
- Loved Brady’s explanation of the Gronk TD. They were running behind a pulling off guard all game long. They decided to run the same look up front but run play action out of it. The LB bit on the fake and Gronk was by him before he could react. The 2 safeties were too wide to make a play. Beautiful.
- I thought the D played well. Gave up a TD on a short field and then only 2 others when it counted. They made plays all game between pressure, turnovers and key stops. Nicely done.
- Fells had a great block on the 1st TD run. Hoomanama had one on the 2nd Ridley TD run.
- Mesko drops 2 beauties deep, forcing the long field.
- For an engineer, I suck at math. Bills are marching down the field in the 4th quarter and I’m thinking to myself, “we can let them score but they just have to take time off the clock. Otherwise, we’ll need to do something with out last drive.” Didn’t do the math properly to see we were up 21, not 14.
- Hightower down with a hammy and didn’t return all game.
- Ghost misses 2 FGs when it looked like we really could have used them. He needs to get his head on straight. Nice to see him make the short one later to get some confidence back.
- Gronk and Wes both fumble. One leads to a short field TD and the other almost does as well.
- I would have rather gone for it on 4th and inches. With the way the running game was moving the ball, pound the rock.
- Can we please get a kickoff returner. McCourty just doesn’t have the speed and wiggle for it. Need someone to take it up field in hurry.
- Santonio Holmes falls to the ground in a heap, untouched and decides he’s in too much pain to hold onto the ball. Instead of letting go of the ball, he throws it up into the air, where a defender picks it up and runs for a TD. WTF?
- The dismantling of the Jets. Is there any other sight that is as sweet?
- Mario Williams probably should have played in the game. The Bills would have had a chance to win. What’s that? He did play? Oh.
- Dierdork mixed up Bolden and Ridley all game. What a tool this guy is.
- GB almost got jobbed out of another win by the refs. Missed an early offensive PI on a NO TD and then hosed them later in the game as well on a fumble that wasn’t
- New Orleans is 0 and 4.
- What the hell happened at the end of the Giants/Eagles game. 3 PI calls (one legit). Offsides. Freezing the kicker almost cost them. Questionable play calling. What a mess.
- The Good - A first round bye to rest the wounded. Glad that McCourty sat the game to get healthy. - Blount carried the team (and many of the Bills) throughoutMessage 36 of 36 , Jan 2View SourceThe Good
- A first round bye to rest the wounded. Glad that McCourty sat the game to get healthy.
- Blount carried the team (and many of the Bills) throughout the day. He hit the hole hard, made one cut to head up field, and would not go down on the first hit. Nice to see the little wiggle in the open field to make guys miss.
- The OL opened up big holes for both running backs and were constantly getting down field to hit guys in the 2nd level.
- When health, Vereen can cause matchup nightmares for other teams.
- Nice to see Edelman get the 100/1000 mark. That should secure him some good money this off season. Hopefully, we resign him for the next couple of years. Between him, a healthy Amendola and the 3 rookies, we have a decent core of WRs.
- All 3 of our kickers continue to have stellar years. Those were not good conditions but they all did a great job. Ghost continues to be accurate as hell, the rookie is playing like a seasoned pro and the other guy looked decent on the 32 yarder to pin the Bills deep.
- BB really should be considered for coach of the year. With KC losing a couple games at the end and Chip Kelly sneaking into the playoffs in a terrible division, the only real threat I see is down in Arizona where Arians has proven to be a solid coach.
- Ryan has a nose for the ball. Both picks came on a tipped ball but he was in good position to make the plays.
- I couldn't get the Baltimore review out on time as the family took a vacation. Between getting up early and all the travel, my notes have pretty much disappeared. I may try later today if I get a chance.
- I could hear the groan all the way down in Florida from Gillette when Mankins hobbled off the field. Glad to see him back in there later in the game.
- Gregory will not be on this team next year. I am tired of him not making the easy tackle and taking the wrong angle to make a play.
- The Browns are looking at McDaniel's for their head coaching job. I would like to see him stay another year to get this offence going with all the young players we have this year. Can't understand the firing of Chudzinski in the first place. This was a rebuilding year in Cleveland. They traded their best RB and have a ton of draft picks this year.
- 4 fumbles? At least none were recovered by the Bills and none were by Ridley.
- The weather at the game looked brutal. I was certainly glad that I got to watch the game from Florida, where the daytime high was a comfortable 81.
- Pittsburgh fans are the worst. First they think they are the best in the league based on the start to the season. Then they think they stink based on the middle part of the season. Then, they hope to get into the playoffs because of winning a final game. Having Succop miss the gimmie field goal at the end of the game was the perfect way to rip out their hearts.
- How the hell does San Fran have to travel to Green Bay for a playoff game. GB doesn't deserve to be there and SF is one of the best teams in the league.
- I wonder if it was really worth it to Washington to give away this year's #2 overall pick in the draft for RG3. St Louis, who had a pretty good year, gets a stud to add to decent team.
- According to the officials in the Dallas/Philly game, the play clock can be set at any random number the operator feels like. Why didn't the Cowboys throw a fit about that penalty? It was obvious that they got the shaft. BB would never have let them get away with it.