Next week...

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      UGGHHHH--just noticed we have to play PP and his new band of "nags" next week.
      What does anyone see for that game? That is one I REALLY hope we win. Can't stand the publicity that he's getting (or at least from what I see or hear).

      Anyway, just wondering...GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
        I don't hate on Peyton, Susan. I have nothing but respect for him, as both a great QB, and more than decent person. Yeah, the pouting on the field is unnerving; but you can't question his talent, or his execution of the offense. My second greatest hope for him is that he goes out of the game healthy, when the time comes. That, of course, is second to my hope that we beat him every time we play against him until then!

        His little bro' is the one for whom I have no respect. The crap he pulled when he was drafted by the Chargers puts him beyond redemption in my eyes. I am a very strong believer in the concept of the NFL draft; and he, with help from "Daddy", defied it ... and got his way! I really dislike Eli!

        As for the game, it worries me; because I shudder to think of what Peyton can do to the secondary that made Fitzpatrick look so much better than the average NFL QB that he is. I'm not seeing much, if any, improvement over the secondary that had us biting our nails for the last several seasons.

        I think this game could be a high scoring shootout; and we all know that anything can happen in those games. I sit in the "cautiously optimistic" section for this. I think we can and should win it at Gillette. But I'm not ready to look ahead, by any means!

        - George