The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Bills)

  • Levine, David
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 1, 2012
      The Good
      • How about that OL.  They gave Brady all day to throw and created holes for RBs that I could have gotten positive yardage out of.  Wow, what a performance.
      • Both RBs ran great.  Ridley and Bolden both look like keepers.  Vereen may not be part of this team if they play like this.  It’s hard not to make positive yardage with the holes they were getting but both showed patience and trusted their blockers.  They hit the LOS hard and turned it up field.  Both knew when to put their head down and run over the defender.  Loved Bolden’s TD.  Hit at the 4 and just powered his way into the end zone.
      • Tom “Crazy Legs” Brady and his TD run.  “Happens as often as Halley’s Comet”.  Smart play by a smart player.
      • How about Wes?  Looks like we no longer get to complain that he isn’t part of the offence anymore.  Passes Brown for number 2 on the yardage list.  Only behind Morgan.
      • Spikes brings it every play.  Love it that he is healthy.  The forced fumble at the goal line was the key to the game.  They score and we are down 14 at the half.  Forced another fumble later.
      • Is anyone playing better than Vince?  He bats down a pass, recovers a fumble and then plasters a poor WR on a dump off. If anyone is teaching children how to tackle, watch that play.  Head up, lead with the shoulder and chest, no helmet to helmet contact, wrap up, drive through the opponent and take him to the ground.  Perfect technique.
      • McCourty played a great game.  He was in coverage well throughout the game and made 2 nice plays for INTs, making up for the 1 drop last week (yes, 1.  The other was a good play by the WR to knock it away).
      • We scored on our last 7 possessions.  6 TDs and a FG.  Only 2 of which were in the 3rd quarter.
      • Our loss to Arizona isn’t so hard to handle now. They are a good team.
      • 2 – 100 yard rushers and 2 – 100 yard receivers in one game.  Wow.
      • Loved Brady’s explanation of the Gronk TD.  They were running behind a pulling off guard all game long.  They decided to run the same look up front but run play action out of it.  The LB bit on the fake and Gronk was by him before he could react.  The 2 safeties were too wide to make a play.  Beautiful.
      • I thought the D played well.  Gave up a TD on a short field and then only 2 others when it counted.  They made plays all game between pressure, turnovers and key stops.  Nicely done.
      • Fells had a great block on the 1st TD run.  Hoomanama had one on the 2nd Ridley TD run.
      • Mesko drops 2 beauties deep, forcing the long field.

      The Bad
      • For an engineer, I suck at math.  Bills are marching down the field in the 4th quarter and I’m thinking to myself, “we can let them score but they just have to take time off the clock.  Otherwise, we’ll need to do something with out last drive.”  Didn’t do the math properly to see we were up 21, not 14.
      • Hightower down with a hammy and didn’t return all game.
      • Ghost misses 2 FGs when it looked like we really could have used them.  He needs to get his head on straight.  Nice to see him make the short one later to get some confidence back.
      • Gronk and Wes both fumble.  One leads to a short field TD and the other almost does as well.
      • I would have rather gone for it on 4th and inches.  With the way the running game was moving the ball, pound the rock.
      • Can we please get a kickoff returner.  McCourty just doesn’t have the speed and wiggle for it.  Need someone to take it up field in hurry.

      The Ugly
      • Santonio Holmes falls to the ground in a heap, untouched and decides he’s in too much pain to hold onto the ball.  Instead of letting go of the ball, he throws it up into the air, where a defender picks it up and runs for a TD.  WTF?
      • The dismantling of the Jets.  Is there any other sight that is as sweet?
      • Mario Williams probably should have played in the game.  The Bills would have had a chance to win.  What’s that?  He did play?  Oh.
      • Dierdork mixed up Bolden and Ridley all game. What a tool this guy is.
      • GB almost got jobbed out of another win by the refs.  Missed an early offensive PI on a NO TD and then hosed them later in the game as well on a fumble that wasn’t
      • New Orleans is 0 and 4.
      • What the hell happened at the end of the Giants/Eagles game.  3 PI calls (one legit).  Offsides.  Freezing the kicker almost cost them.  Questionable play calling.  What a mess.

      Dave

      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 30, 2014
        Dave, your FF league plays 17 weeks? That is what sucks. :-)

        --- George
        GO PATRIOTS! Happy New Year to all!

        On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:33 AM, 'Levine, David' david-levine@... [patriotzip] <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        No reason to go on and on for a preseason game.

        The Good
        - The big guys stayed healthy with Edelman and Gronk as healthy scratches. Brady was hit once or twice but nothing dangerous.
        - I liked the way Jimmy G handled himself under heavy pressure. He has some scrambling ability that I didn't realize he had and seems confident out there. He needs some more time to develop but he looks like a keeper.
        - Brady gives up $24M guaranteed for a $3M bump over the next 3 years. It doesn't do anything to the cap except the $3M. Glad to see he is still a team first guy.
        - Amendola needs to be returning for us to keep JE11 fresh. He can do everything we need and with his limited offensive involvement, it would be a good thing.

        The Bad
        - I wanted our second string OL out there the entire time and see if they could get anything going.
        - Didn't need to see Solder out there and get hurt. Supposedly a knee and we won't know anything until game time next week.
        - LaFell didn't need to have any more playing time and I held my breath when he came up gimpy. Nice to see him get back into the game later so he should be fine. Should have had Boyce out there for some reps.
        - I hate the Steelers more than any other team right now. I was hoping Cincy wouldn't lay an egg but they did. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Baltimore win.

        The Ugly
        - Lots of coaches gone and a couple probably a little too soon. By Sexy Rexy. I am not sorry to see you go.
        - I came in second place in my fantasy league by 1 point. Had L Bell going against AJ Green for second place and Bell got hurt before Green did. Sucks that in an overall point league, 1 point cost me 2nd.

        Dave