Re: [patriotzip] He's Baaaack...

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012
      What do you think of that?
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:19 PM
      Subject: [patriotzip] He's Baaaack...

      WEEI is reporting that Deion Branch has returned to the Patriots!

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012
        Personally, I would have preferred Gaffney. Gaffney can make the tough catch. He has a much greater reach. He doesn't go to ground immediately after the catch (which Branch does unless he's wide open). Gaffney, it seems to me, is a much better fit for "Hernandez type" routes.

        Maybe they just wanted to give Brady a security blanket, his former favorite target, to ease his sorrow over losing his latest favorite target?

        - George

        What do you think of that?
        WEEI is reporting that Deion Branch has returned to the Patriots!

        fdb

      • Machado.Nicholas

          WEEI is reporting that Deion Branch has returned to the Patriots!

          fdb

          No virus found in this message.
        • frankdanabrewster
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
            I think it's a good move. Gaffney would be an asset as well, but Branch is reliable, moves the chains, and has a close relationship with Brady. Adds to his comfort level, as he catches on with Lloyd. He may have lost a step, but he's still pretty quick, and has good hands.

            fdb

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
              When NE released Gaffney and Stallworth, many supposed that Gaffney would be welcome back once he was fully recovered from some unnamed injury.  I'm not at all sure Hernandez's health is tied to Gaffney's timetable.

              Branch, on the other hand, was here last year, and healthy as a horse this preseason in Game 4 when we played the Giants.  And if you know your NE P history, you have to be glad NE kept Branch out of Game 2 versus Arizona.  Failing to hold him out of Game 2  in 2004 cost us his services until the November 22 game at Kansas City, Game 10!   I wonder if Hernandez will be back in 2012 any sooner??????

              Now, if Branch can just play in late January and early February, 2013 as he did after the 2004 season, we're all set!!!!!