Has anyone seen this type of play?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2012
      Yesterday I was at our local community college game and a play was executed that I had never seen before. The man next to me had to explain it.
      The opposing team scored a touchdown and on the extra point attempt (I think it was a 2-point attempt...I was looking away) we got the ball and ran it down to the other end zone and got 2 points for that. I have never seen anything like that--have any of you seen it in the pros?
    • Rich Carreiro
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2012
        On 09/09/2012 08:00 PM, Susan Moore wrote:

        Yesterday I was at our local community college game and a play was executed that I had never seen before. The man next to me had to explain it.
        The opposing team scored a touchdown and on the extra point attempt (I think it was a 2-point attempt...I was looking away) we got the ball and ran it down to the other end zone and got 2 points for that. I have never seen anything like that--have any of you seen it in the pros?
        That's something only in college.  If there is a turnover on the try-after-touchdown and defense gets possession and scores, they get the value of the try themselves.

        In the pros, the moment the defense possesses the ball on a try-after-touchdown, the ball is dead.

        -- Rich