Re: [patriots] Leaking Water

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2012
      Jeff Howe of the Herald is reporting that Waters is not here because of a money dispute with the team.  Perhaps he wants more money, but Howe is reporting the Pats want Waters, and All Pro OG to take a pay cut to 500K from his $1.4M contract he signed last year.  That way he would only count $450K against the Salary Cap.  I don't know about you, but I am a little pissed off if this is true.  The guy is a Pro Bowl caliber player ... pay him!  They wasted $3.4M on Fannene, could pay Chad Johnson $6M.  We have the highest ticket prices and the value of the franchise is second highest only behind Jerry Jones and his 8th wonder of the world stadium.   Pay the man!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2012
        Additional insight from the Globe. Not looking good for his return...

        http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2012/09/07/waters-wait-continues-for-patriots/uwmHBKqkbj4aOanu3BpMxM/story.html

        fdb