Patriots Team MVPs

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2002
      Here's a list. So many good candidates to choose from. My fav is Troy
      Brown, a guy I always felt was excellent. 2nd choice is the 53 man squad -1.

      Troy Brown
      Antwoin Smith
      Tom Brady
      Moe Lewis
      The OL (the magical game 3 and beyond incarnation)
      Lawyer Milloy
      The D
      Bill Belichick
      Romeo Crennell
      The entire 53 man squad (minus T Glenn)

      -philw (loves this season)
    • George The Patsfan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2002
        From: PhilW1776@...
        To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, patriots@...
        Subject: Patriots Team MVPs
        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:29:40 EST

        Here's a list. So many good candidates to choose from. My fav is Troy
        Brown, a guy I always felt was excellent. 2nd choice is the 53 man squad -1.

        Troy Brown
        Antwoin Smith
        Tom Brady
        Moe Lewis
        The OL (the magical game 3 and beyond incarnation)
        Lawyer Milloy
        The D
        Bill Belichick
        Romeo Crennell
        The entire 53 man squad (minus T Glenn)

        -philw (loves this season)

        ***** I sent my Troy Brown note just before I received this from you, Phil.
        (Frightening that we are thinking similar thoughts at the same moment. I
        hope this is not a trend!) ;-)

        ***** Since there is always a single player, with occassional co-MVPs, given
        the award, I have to stay with Brown as my nominee. Brady, Smith, and Milloy
        certainly deserve consideration for their consistently great play, but Brown
        made bigger individual contributions in more games, IMO, than any of the
        others.

        ***** Mo Lewis, while his contribution certainly contributed to our success
        throughout the season, only made that contribution on one play. So he's
        disqualified. ;-)

        ***** Weis deserves as much credit as Crennell. Both Coordinators did a
        wonderful job, while facing major challenges and player losses on their
        respective sides of the ball. The triumvirate of Belichick, Weis, and
        Crennel were outstanding. But they don't play, so they are out of the MVP
        balloting.

        ***** The OL, as we all know, succeeding only because of the superlative
        play of Joe Andruzzi, and the great coaching of Dante!

        ***** Just one question - Who's "T Glenn" ?

        George
        **If it can be imagined; it can be done!**

      • philw1776@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2002
          In a message dated 1/7/2002 12:46:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, patsfangr@... writes:

          ***** Weis deserves as much credit as Crennell. Both Coordinators did a
          wonderful job, while facing major challenges and player losses on their
          respective sides of the ball. The triumvirate of Belichick, Weis, and
          Crennel were outstanding. But they don't play, so they are out of the MVP
          balloting.

          Good point on Weiss.  My bad for not listing him.

          ***** The OL, as we all know, succeeding only because of the superlative
          play of Joe Andruzzi, and the great coaching of Dante!

          Dante, my man!
          Speaking of Andruzzi, he stated that we did a 360 going from 5-11 to 11 and 5.  If this dim bulb doesn't know it, we did a 180.

          Finally, it's hard not to select Smith who despite bill's rationalizations, gave us our only good running threat since Edwards' year.

          -philw (Andruzzi was obviously a journalism major)
        • pfsikh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2002
            --- In patriotzip@y..., philw1776@a... wrote:
            > Here's a list. So many good candidates to choose from. My fav is
            Troy
            > Brown, a guy I always felt was excellent. 2nd choice is the 53 man
            squad -1.

            > Troy Brown
            > Antwoin Smith
            > Tom Brady
            > Moe Lewis
            > The OL (the magical game 3 and beyond incarnation)
            > Lawyer Milloy
            > The D
            > Bill Belichick
            > Romeo Crennell
            > The entire 53 man squad (minus T Glenn)
            >
            > -philw (loves this season)

            My pick is Antowain. There is no way Tom is as without Antowain's
            running. When Drew went down and the game planning changed to a more
            balanced run pass, it was Antowain that stepped up. A close second
            place would goto Troy. While Antowain is the MVP I think Troy should
            get the "12th" man award for his performance.