Re: [patriotzip] Jones

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2012
      Totally agree, Harry. Jones and Hightower are both the real thing. Throw in the additions of solid vet DLs Scott and Farene, plus the very promising rookies Tavon Wilson and Dennard; and I think there's reason for hope that the improvement will be significant. I also expect improvement from a more experienced McCourty, and a fully healthy Mayo. A lot of reasons for high expectations there.

      - George

      On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Machado.Nicholas <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      It was only the first exhibition game but I was impressed by the Pats holding the Saints to two field goals. The Pats defense will be better this year. How much is the question but a whole lot of new talent, both veteran and rookie, has been added.

      Harry

      At 10:45 AM 8/18/2012 +0700, you wrote:

      I saw the first pre-season game, and he looked consistently outstanding against one of the better OLTs in the league. I am very optimistic about him. But, as with all rookies, we have to wait and see what happens once some film gets out there to our opponents about him. I'm virtually certain that he's going to be a 'plus' at DE. I'm just not ready to anoint him as the next Richard Seymour yet.

      I'm thinking that a 4-3 DL of Scott, Wilfork, Fenene, and Jones could be very, very effective this season.

      - George

      On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Machado.Nicholas <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      I haven't read one negative thing about Chandler Jones. He's been giving
      Solder and anyone else he goes up against fits. Many said he was well
      behind Hightower and Bequette when he was drafted but that has not been the
      case in camp. He has played with plenty of savvy and moves and lined up in
      different areas of the defense winning most of his battles. If he can keep
      it up we should be seeing plenty of play from him this year.

      Jones earned the team a short practice today by catching a 50 yd punt from
      Mesko.

      Harry