Good News and Bad News

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2012
      I just watched the replay of the game on my Game Pass. As is nearly
      always the case with early pre-season games, there was good and bad to
      comment on; but I came away with a net positive feeling.

      That's because nearly all of the bad that I saw was the offensive
      line; and we all know the current situation there. Otherwise on
      offense, I saw a solid starting RB in Ridley; Kevin Faulk's
      replacement in Shane Vareen (Off Player of the Game); and further
      evidence that the guy we hope we'll never see on the field, Brian
      Hoyer, can play QB in the NFL, called upon. There were s many
      receivers running on and off the field that none of them got much of a
      chance to shine. But then BB was clearly focusing on the running game
      - whether to see what he has there; or to keep his QBs healthy.

      The D is what pleased me most. The top 2 draft picks, Jones and
      Hightower, both look like players, with Jones having the more
      impressive performance in this one. Also looking very good in this
      game was Trevor Scott. He was a factor in both the pass rush and the
      run defense. I think we may have found one of those "young vet gems"
      in this guy!

      Not a bad start at all, IMO.