Preseason games

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26 4:33 PM
      The Patriots website says the Pats play preseason games on Aug. 9, 20, 24
      and the 29th. Is that right? The 20th is a Monday and the 24th is Friday of
      the same week. Also says they don't play at all the week of Aug 13-17. Is
      the schedule maker doing psychtropics or did the website programmer stay up
      too late? Or did BB make up the schedule allowing 10 days tweak time after
      the first game?

      Harry
    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26 5:26 PM
        That is absolutely correct.  You won't see any starters in Game #2 and they will play 3 qtrs in game 3 and not at all in game 4.  What a sucky preseason schedule for the fans shelling out good money for this crap.

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26 6:48 PM
          The Patriots game of August 13 to 17 is on national TV....... on August 20.   Welcome to 2012, the home of 16 weeks of Thursday Night Football.  And just be glad that football  is transitioning to a shorter preseason without going to an 18 game regular season.  I await the day we pay for nine games instead of 10.

          If it were not for the joint practices we are having with Rutgers, I would predict that twenty or more guys would be left home when the Pats go to Tampa, but we shall see.  The entire squad will travel to Foxboro for August 20, which is the second preseason game, and without Matt Light, Logan Mankins, and Brian Waters, it's hard to predict "no starters!"  We have no idea who the o line starters will be come September.  Gallery? If our guards are Gallery and Connolly, is McDonald the center?  If Vollmer can go, is Cannon the right guard?

          Finally, the second game features the big play Eagles, the third game, a more conventional offense from the Scarlet Bucs.  Some of our worst preseason games over the years have come in Tampa!!!!