Re: [patriotzip] Pre-Camp 53 man Roster Projection

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2012
      Man did you call that one!  Addai was cut today!  Signed former BC DL Tim Bulman.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
        One of the Boston writers gave it away by mentioning that Addai's showing at OTA's wasn't promising. Maybe this will open up a spot for Kevin Faulk although BB doesn't seem very interested.

        Looks like Waters will come in at the end of camp like last year. Hard to argue with the season he had last year and BB sure doesn't seem concerned.

        Harrry

        At 04:36 PM 7/25/2012 -0700, you wrote:

        Man did you call that one!  Addai was cut today!  Signed former BC DL Tim Bulman.

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
        I think Bolden will push Addai back into the free-agent pool and help us
        forget about the law firm. McCourty should return to form as a dependable CB.

        Harry

        At 10:20 AM 7/24/2012 -0700, you wrote:

        >Have at it boys and girls!!!!
        >Some major assumptions: Makins is good to go ... Fells gets back on the
        >field .... Waters doesn't retire .... Pats keep a FB .... Branch gets beat
        >out by Stallworth because Stallworth will play KO returner .... Tracy
        >White is kept over Josh Barrett for last ST position ... Defense is more
        >of a 4-3 hybrid system (8 DL) ... Brace and Cunningham can't cut it ...
        >Hoyer makes the team but as a third QB ... Tarpinian and Ventrone to PS
        >along with Bolden, Ebert, Ebner, Davis, Kopa and Forston
        >QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Hoyer
        >RB (4) Ridley, Woodhead, Vereen, Addai
        >FB (1) Larsen
        >WR (5) Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth, Edelman
        >TE (3) Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
        >OL (9) Solder, Gallery, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Cannon, Wendell,
        >McDonald, Waters
        >
        >DL (8) Wilfork, Faenne, Jones, Deadrick, Love, Bequette, Warren, Scott
        >LB (6) Hightower, Ninkovich, Spikes, Mayo, Fletcher, Carpenter
        >CB (5) Moore, Arrington, Dennard, Dowling, Cole
        >S (4) McCourty, Chung, Wilson, Gregory,
        >
        >K (1) Gostkowski
        >P (1) Mesko
        >ST (3) Slater, Aiken, White
        >
        >PUP (4) Vollmer, Pryor, Zucevics , Warren
        >IR (1) Ballard
        >

        >Mark Morse
        >Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
        >http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazorsEdgeTailgate/

      • Ed Bryant
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
          There is absolutely no need for Kevin Faulk or Junior Seau or Rosey Colvin to be on the roster in August.   The Patriots could wait until their bye week to add Faulk, even if they were already determined to bring him back.  Bolden, on the other hand, has zero NFL experience.  Ridley and Vereen have only a few minutes more experience than Bolden.

          And then, there are Kettani, Fiammetta, and Larsen to evaluate.  God knows, Belichick knows what Faulk can do.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
            You don't think Ridley, Bolden and Vereen would benefit by Faulk's presence? I would have to disagree.

            I predict lots of (other teams) scouts at Pats practices as cut-down time approaches. It appears BB is going to have to let some pretty good players go before he gets the numbers down to a regular season roster.

            Harry

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
              The roster is at 90, Harry.  If Faulk is taking reps, someone else isn't.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 27, 2012
                Roster is at 89 ...  Bulman and Shiancoe made it 90 then Addai quit during the conditioning test and that made it 89 again.