Pre-Camp 53 man Roster Projection

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2012
      Have at it boys and girls!!!!
      Some major assumptions:  Makins is good to go ... Fells gets back on the field .... Waters doesn't retire .... Pats keep a FB .... Branch gets beat out by Stallworth because Stallworth will play KO returner .... Tracy White is kept over Josh Barrett for last ST position ... Defense is more of a 4-3 hybrid system (8 DL) ... Brace and Cunningham can't cut it ... Hoyer makes the team but as a third QB ... Tarpinian and Ventrone to PS along with Bolden, Ebert, Ebner,  Davis, Kopa and Forston
      QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Hoyer
      RB (4) Ridley, Woodhead, Vereen, Addai
      FB (1) Larsen
      WR (5) Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth, Edelman
      TE (3) Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
      OL (9) Solder, Gallery, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Cannon, Wendell, McDonald, Waters

      DL (8) Wilfork, Faenne, Jones, Deadrick, Love, Bequette, Warren, Scott
      LB (6) Hightower, Ninkovich, Spikes, Mayo, Fletcher, Carpenter
      CB (5) Moore, Arrington, Dennard, Dowling, Cole
      S (4) McCourty, Chung, Wilson, Gregory,

      K (1) Gostkowski
      P (1) Mesko
      ST (3) Slater, Aiken, White

      PUP (4) Vollmer, Pryor, Zucevics , Warren
      IR (1) Ballard

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2012
        I think Bolden will push Addai back into the free-agent pool and help us
        forget about the law firm. McCourty should return to form as a dependable CB.

        Harry

        At 10:20 AM 7/24/2012 -0700, you wrote:

        >Have at it boys and girls!!!!
        >Some major assumptions: Makins is good to go ... Fells gets back on the
        >field .... Waters doesn't retire .... Pats keep a FB .... Branch gets beat
        >out by Stallworth because Stallworth will play KO returner .... Tracy
        >White is kept over Josh Barrett for last ST position ... Defense is more
        >of a 4-3 hybrid system (8 DL) ... Brace and Cunningham can't cut it ...
        >Hoyer makes the team but as a third QB ... Tarpinian and Ventrone to PS
        >along with Bolden, Ebert, Ebner, Davis, Kopa and Forston
        >QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Hoyer
        >RB (4) Ridley, Woodhead, Vereen, Addai
        >FB (1) Larsen
        >WR (5) Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth, Edelman
        >TE (3) Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
        >OL (9) Solder, Gallery, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Cannon, Wendell,
        >McDonald, Waters
        >
        >DL (8) Wilfork, Faenne, Jones, Deadrick, Love, Bequette, Warren, Scott
        >LB (6) Hightower, Ninkovich, Spikes, Mayo, Fletcher, Carpenter
        >CB (5) Moore, Arrington, Dennard, Dowling, Cole
        >S (4) McCourty, Chung, Wilson, Gregory,
        >
        >K (1) Gostkowski
        >P (1) Mesko
        >ST (3) Slater, Aiken, White
        >
        >PUP (4) Vollmer, Pryor, Zucevics , Warren
        >IR (1) Ballard
        >

        >Mark Morse
        >Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
        >http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazorsEdgeTailgate/

      • Mark Morse
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 25, 2012
          Man did you call that one!  Addai was cut today!  Signed former BC DL Tim Bulman.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
            One of the Boston writers gave it away by mentioning that Addai's showing at OTA's wasn't promising. Maybe this will open up a spot for Kevin Faulk although BB doesn't seem very interested.

            Looks like Waters will come in at the end of camp like last year. Hard to argue with the season he had last year and BB sure doesn't seem concerned.

            Harrry

            At 04:36 PM 7/25/2012 -0700, you wrote:

            Man did you call that one!  Addai was cut today!  Signed former BC DL Tim Bulman.

            Mark Morse
            Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
            I think Bolden will push Addai back into the free-agent pool and help us
            forget about the law firm. McCourty should return to form as a dependable CB.

            Harry

            At 10:20 AM 7/24/2012 -0700, you wrote:

            >Have at it boys and girls!!!!
            >Some major assumptions: Makins is good to go ... Fells gets back on the
            >field .... Waters doesn't retire .... Pats keep a FB .... Branch gets beat
            >out by Stallworth because Stallworth will play KO returner .... Tracy
            >White is kept over Josh Barrett for last ST position ... Defense is more
            >of a 4-3 hybrid system (8 DL) ... Brace and Cunningham can't cut it ...
            >Hoyer makes the team but as a third QB ... Tarpinian and Ventrone to PS
            >along with Bolden, Ebert, Ebner, Davis, Kopa and Forston
            >QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Hoyer
            >RB (4) Ridley, Woodhead, Vereen, Addai
            >FB (1) Larsen
            >WR (5) Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth, Edelman
            >TE (3) Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
            >OL (9) Solder, Gallery, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Cannon, Wendell,
            >McDonald, Waters
            >
            >DL (8) Wilfork, Faenne, Jones, Deadrick, Love, Bequette, Warren, Scott
            >LB (6) Hightower, Ninkovich, Spikes, Mayo, Fletcher, Carpenter
            >CB (5) Moore, Arrington, Dennard, Dowling, Cole
            >S (4) McCourty, Chung, Wilson, Gregory,
            >
            >K (1) Gostkowski
            >P (1) Mesko
            >ST (3) Slater, Aiken, White
            >
            >PUP (4) Vollmer, Pryor, Zucevics , Warren
            >IR (1) Ballard
            >

            >Mark Morse
            >Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
            >http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazorsEdgeTailgate/

          • Ed Bryant
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
              There is absolutely no need for Kevin Faulk or Junior Seau or Rosey Colvin to be on the roster in August.   The Patriots could wait until their bye week to add Faulk, even if they were already determined to bring him back.  Bolden, on the other hand, has zero NFL experience.  Ridley and Vereen have only a few minutes more experience than Bolden.

              And then, there are Kettani, Fiammetta, and Larsen to evaluate.  God knows, Belichick knows what Faulk can do.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
                You don't think Ridley, Bolden and Vereen would benefit by Faulk's presence? I would have to disagree.

                I predict lots of (other teams) scouts at Pats practices as cut-down time approaches. It appears BB is going to have to let some pretty good players go before he gets the numbers down to a regular season roster.

                Harry

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 26, 2012
                  The roster is at 90, Harry.  If Faulk is taking reps, someone else isn't.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 27, 2012
                    Roster is at 89 ...  Bulman and Shiancoe made it 90 then Addai quit during the conditioning test and that made it 89 again.