Fewest Rookies ... Top team with players under 25!

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2012
      Saw on ESPN that the Pats have the fewest number of rookies (13) in camp than they have had in the last 5 years!  I see that as a good thing.  Tough competition even among veterans.
      Less rookies to break in.

      Over the weekend I also saw a report that the Patriots were the #1 ranked team with players under the age of 25.  They cited the two headed monster of Gronk and Hernandez (both just 23) and Nate Solder as starters.  15 players under the age of 25!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2012
        This is a development I have been watching closely Mark. BB has built
        another powerful SB capable team but this time the team is young and there
        are few holes. At almost all the key positions there is one of the better
        players in the league starting and often their backups have the ability to
        be starters on other teams.

        One other thing. This team went to the SB last year and lost but I am
        noticing no drop-off in enthusiasm nor any kind off a 'tough loss hangover'
        which can bedevil a young team. This team seems just as hungry, probably
        more so as last year with a ton of confidence in what it can do and appears
        to be completly buying into BB's system and methods.

        Pats future looks great from here!

        Harry