Re: [patriotzip] RE: 256th Annual Season Prediction Contest

  • Geoff Talvola
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18 10:13 AM
      Interesting that the Pats made it to the SB every year with 40+ sacks and didn't every year with less than 40.

      - Geoff

      On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Levine, David <david-levine@...> wrote:

      I will go with 13-3 record and 42 sacks.

      Little known fact there Norm...
      Patriot sack totals for the past 11 years (with league leader)
      2001 - 40 (Steelers - 55)
      2002 - 34 (Eagles - 56)
      2003 - 41 (Ravens - 47)
      2004 - 45 (Falcons - 48)
      2005 - 33 (Seahawks - 50)
      2006 - 36 (Chargers - 61)
      2007 - 47 (Giants - 53)
      2008 - 31 (Cowboys - 59)
      2009 - 31 (Vikings - 48)
      2010 - 36 (Steelers - 48)
      2011 - 40 (Eagles/Vikings - 50)

      Dave

    • Machado.Nicholas

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18 4:07 PM
          Given what we now know about sacks, I pair my 13-3 from earlier with a prediction of 44 sacks.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 18 7:10 PM
            I sure hope you're right, Harry!!!!! I do think that this is going to be OUR year and it's unrealistic to expect no losses, SO I'll take two losses! That almost takes the pressure off like we had in 2007/08. Wish that would have turned out differently but it is what it is (not that I'm over it yet...).

            GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

            P.S. Anyone going to training camp?

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20 8:44 AM
              I am going to make a fool of myself here ... I predict 16-0  Why Not?  I can be wrong like the majority of folks or I could be outrageous!
              This team is loaded and so much better than last years team.

              I'll plug in 45 sacks to go along with the record!

              Mark Morse
              Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup