Re: [patriotzip] Ochocinco struggles during Pats practice

    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2012
      I'm just happy to feel that, this season, the challenge for BB appears to be which solid WRs to cut, rather than how to build a decent passing attack out of a group of mostly scraps. I'm almost sure that he will, as you suggest, keep 3 TEs, since Hernandez isn't much of a blocker, and they'll want to preserve Gronk as much as possible. I'm guessing that Fiammatta is a better bet than Larsen at FB, but that's another competitive spot for camp. With all the WRs we now have, I think that either Edelman or Slater will have to go. Don't see how there'll be room on the roster for both as primarily STs guys. Personally, I like Edelman better. But, as always, I don't get a vote. :-)

      - George

      On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Machado.Nicholas <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      My sense is the main WR competition in TC will boil down to a contest between Stallworth, Gonzalez and the rest for the last spot after the three you mentioned, George - Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney plus Branch. That estimate supposes the Pats will keep three TE's and five WR's with Edelman as backup WR/KR/ST and Slater, another backup WR on ST.

      FB Larson may need a spot too and Addai can catch so the Pats might have to cut some pretty good receivers if BB can't figure a way to keep them for depth.

      Harry

      At 11:59 AM 5/25/2012 +0700, you wrote:

      From all that I've seen and read about his performance since he joined the team, I agree completely, Harry. I believe that our receiving corps, especially when you include our 2 All Pro level TE's, is more than deep enough without Ochocinco. But, of course, I don't pretend to have anywhere near the knowledge of skill and performance as BB. He'll make the final decision, and, at least going into the season, I'll go with it.

      Based solely upon the old "on paper" analysis, I think the Patriots could set new records in passing offense this year. They are clearly capable of doing damage at all distances, as long as Brady's arm and accuracy are still there for the deep game. In the combination of Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, Stallworth, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and possibly Gonzalez, they have all of the receiver skills covered: speed, quickness, strength, hands, and YAC ability. Truly awesome potential there! And the OL appears solid enough to give them the time to take advantage of all of it!

      COME ON SEPTEMBER! GO PATS!!

      - George

      On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Machado.Nicholas <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      Might be time to cut bait on this guy. All I've heard this week is how
      bummed he is about losing his Starbucks card. Meanwhile he still doesn't
      get the playbook.

      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82952123/article/chad-ochocinco-struggles-during-pats-practice?module=HP11_headline_stack

      Harry