Re: [patriotzip] More competition at RB - Joseph Addai to sign with Pats

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 8:39 AM
      Hopefully Vereen just got off to a bad start by holding out at a short TC and will show some of the promise this year that BB saw when he drafted him.

      If there is another problem with Vereen I look for BB to bring in a little more insurance.

      Harry

      At 01:57 PM 5/6/2012 +0700, you wrote:

      He was a more than adequate blocker for Peyton. HIs injury a year ago really diminished both his effectiveness and, as a result, his playing time, last season. It will be interesting to see if the additional rest of another off season will return him to something close to what he was for the first few years in Indy. Until and unless I see that, I'll just sit at "pleased" with the signing; but not "pumped and jacked". :-)

      I have great hopes for Ridley, from what we saw of him last season. But I'm wondering about Vereen. This signing, and the rookie FA earlier, makes me think that BB has the same concerns.

      - George

      On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Machado.Nicholas <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      Kevin Faulk will have some competition if the Pats bring him back.

      Can Addai block the pass-rusher as well as Faulk?

      Harry

      At 01:35 AM 5/6/2012 +0000, you wrote:

      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828e4ec5/article/joseph-addai-expected-to-sign-with-the-new-england-patriots?module=HP11_headline_stack