Re: Pats get another fallen 'bad' boy

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
      Ah, I wondered why he dropped so low. SI had him as a 2nd round talent. Certainly worth the risk in the 7th.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Machado.Nicholas" <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

      > Alfonzo Dennard dropped from a possible first or second round selection all
      > the way to the 7th round after getting arrested a week or so ago. BB worked
      > him out personally in March.
      >
      > http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4721372/rapid-reaction-alfonzo-dennard
      >
      > http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/04/7th-round_patri.html
      >
      > Harry
      > __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      >
      > ""It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
      > minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."-Samuel Adams

    • David Price
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
        He got arrested for assaulting a police officer. Got a bad boy reputation.

        David Price
        http://www.authorwebpage.com/davidprice/
        https://www.facebook.com/davidpriceauthor
        http://davidpriceauthor.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
          That just doesn't make sense to me...why would you jeopardize something that you really want by doing something stupid right before you'd get that chance? Really?
          Now he has that chance, but will probably blow it. Guess sometimes they can't help themselves?

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
            How long before certain players intentionally get arrested in the weeks before the Combine in the hope that they 'fall' to the Pats?

            How long before certain college coaches pull their Pats wannabe's aside and whisper "I don't recommend assaulting a police officer but a simple pot bust could put you on the road to the SB."

            Harry

          • patfan1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
              Yes, someone will make sure to ruin their respectability and their lives to be arrested so the Pats can draft them. You figured it out!

              From: "Machado.Nicholas" <machado.nicholas@...>
              Sender: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:00:47 -0400
              To: <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Re: Pats get another fallen 'bad' boy

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
                Immediate, instinctive reaction is the natural reflex of all humans, Susan. Some learn to control it sooner than others. Take it from one who developed it very late in life. :-)

                He is now entering a significantly different phase of his life. We have to wait to see if this kid will mature as he enters the professional world, and is surrounded by mature coaches and players who know what it takes to succeed both on and off the field. Some do. Some don't. Since he's about to put on a Patriots' uniform, I hope he does! :-)

                - George