Post Combine Patriots Mock Draft

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
      Based off the latest info from the combine, I am ready to post my updated Patriots Mock Draft ... here goes !!!

      27. Kendall Reyes DT UConn - underrated 3-4 DE with all the physical attributes including speed, strength (34 reps) and long arms.

      31. TRADE down to #39 for 2013 #2 pick

      39. Harrison Smith SS Notre Dame - This could be Mark Barron depending on how far he falls (double sports hernia). Smith is like a LB playing Safety. His ability to play in the box and cover TE's and RB's is key.

      48. Shea McClellin LB Boise St. - incredibly athletic DE that showed at the combine that he has what it takes to make the transition to OLB in 3-4. He has the measurable that BB required for the position.

      63. Josh Robinson CB Central Florida - Compare his measurable against Devin McCourty. Robinson's are better. He is an inch shorter but slightly heavier. Check the tape of him against AJ Green of Georgia ... held him to 77 yards and no TDs. Nobody threw against him last year. 38 starts in his 3 years at UCF.

      94. TRADED for #116 & 158 (CIN)

      116. Marvin Jones WR CAL - Gifted and productive starting 38 games and having at least one catch in 38 straight games. Big receiver at 6'2" but still ran 4.46.

      126. Devon Wylie WR Fresno St. - One of the fastest and quickest WR's in the draft. He is also an excellent PR . A Welker clone. Despite his short stature, I think he is put together well enough to handle the pounding in the slot. Pat Hill connection with BB

      158. TRADE 176 & 189 (PHI)

      176. Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnatti - Big East Defensive Player of the Year. Has good motor and will put pressure on the QB from DT position. Reminds me of former Bearcat Mike Wright. 9.5 Sacks and 19.5 TFL as Senior.

      189. George Bryan TE North Carolina St - Very productive career at NC ST under Tom Obrien. He is slow ... over5.0 40. Excellent receiver in short areas ... not a deep threat. "Hands of glue, about as good as you will see in the sport of football" . Good in line blocker too. 1st team ACC three years, 4 year starter.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
        You posted this before I could ask about it...lol!
        Love that description of "hands of glue" for George Bryan!

        Is there anything written about what BB was looking at in the combine? I have looked on websites and I don't know how or what to look for with regard to the combine.