Re: [patriotzip] Welker to test free agency, Brady requests trade...

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2012
      Well said, George (and Frank)!!

      I think that all of us react in different ways--fans, players, coaches, etc. and we have to step back and take deep breaths and analyze the season and the previous years as you did. When a team such as the Pats (or Yankees, Smeltics, Lakers, etc.) rises to such a high level over this many years, the danger in that is that the level of constant expectation also rises. As you said, we do get spoiled with the victories and the high level of play and disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition as often as we want it to. I'm all over the map with sports teams in various parts of the country, but I do root for the Lakers (here in L.A.) and fans are up in arms about their "poor" play.

      Like you, I think that it is fair to hurt with the losses but the blame game serves no real purpose. Many of the Super Bowls (or even conference games) can come down to luck or one or two plays and a pile of should, woulda, coulda. But for those few "lucky" plays, it might have been the Whiners and Ravens in the SB and we wouldn't be worrying about one more SB loss.
      I'm still hurting over 1997, 2008, and this one--not 1986 because there was no way anyone from the AFC was going to beat that steamroller team.

      You watched the game also in a hostile environment against the Pats? Can you explain why everyone hates them? I just don't get it...is it like the Yankees in that they are always near the forefront so often or what? I think that is what is also bugging me--it's hard to take hearing all of that stuff about them. Even if they had won the SB, there would still have been the talk against Giselle for something, the talk that the Pats stink, etc. This hatred of them is making me crazy--is it the coach, the players?

      I just read an article about Kraft in Sports Illustrated in the doctor's office, explaining his purchase of the team and his moves to get BB and TB and such. I vaguely remember the previous owner, but I also remember hearing about Victor Kiam. He was a flop, huh? Since I live in L.A. I just don't hear much about the Pats business end or the management.

      Well, this is longer than I expected but I think that I really need to talk and reflect. I'm not really personally mad at any of the players or the coach or anything and I'm not going to criticize the team or jump off the wagon. It's thick or thin for me--we went through Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll (gag,,,), but I think that we have the winning formula that just doesn't come out on top every single time.
      I'm still hurt and beyond disappointed and I despise the Giants (from being a longtime Cowboys fan--don't hit me George), but we do have the winning formula.

      GOOOOOO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!