Re: [patriotzip] Great article on the Pats hybrid defensive front

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2012
      So, if this is accurate for most of the Patriots' defensive plays, I would think that a scout could study Patriots' game films, and soon learn which DL are used for the two basic techniques ("over" and "under"); and then coach their OL to play for that defense, without regard to the pre-snap moving and shifting. I doubt, however, that BB keeps it that simple. I'm sure that most, if not all, of the DLmen can play either 1 gap or 2 gap technique; so the personnel on the field should not be a dead giveaway as to what's coming on any given play before the ball is snapped.

      With the game only about 19 hours away as I write this, I don't have time to do such a film study. But, if we win the Super Bowl, I'll definitely go back and replay it to study that personnel/technique relationship. I doubt that I'll be able to follow it during the live telecast, since I'll be watching it in a bar with a large group, and dealing with the usual "discussions" in such an atmosphere. :-)