Happy(?) anniversary!

  • Rob Brooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2012
      With the 10th anniversary of SP 36 right around the corner (a week from tomorrow), it seemed appropriate to mention in passing that today is the 15th anniversary of a much more depressing day in Pats history, that of SP 31.

      It was exactly 2 weeks to the day after I moved here to Portland (I was stuck at 35,000 feet during the AFC Championship against Jacksonville, and had to rely on score updates from the captain to find out that my beloved Pats were finally heading back to the big dance).  Earlier in the week I had emailed whatever version of the list existed back then in the vain hope that somebody reading lived locally, and sure enough there was one reply from a guy (Steve, forget his last name now) who turned out to be a couple of miles from my new apartment.  I watched the game with him and some of his friends, and unhappily trudged home afterwards, wondering (yet again) if I would ever see my beloved Pats win a championship...

      And yes, Jacob, Vinatieri was held on that Desmond Howard kick return!

      - Rob *my couch*