Baltimore it is

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2012
      Another matchup with the Ravens. Hopefully Baltimore having more trouble
      putting Houston away than the Pats had with Denver is a good sign. If the
      Pats play as disciplined and focused as they did against the Broncos they
      should be alright. Haven't seen a game like that out of them for a while. I
      think Gronkowski and Hernandez give the Pats options and matchups that are
      going to be very difficult to stop and make the rest of the receivers and
      running backs that much better. If the defense can hold and stay healthy
      Baltimore should be beatable.

      With Green Bay out of it anything can happen. Here's to the 49'rs knocking
      off the Giants.

      Thought Ed and George played real well. Made us all proud guys.

      Harry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 15, 2012
        To me the Ravens look very beatable also--seemed to struggle somewhat against the Texans. IF we play as we did yesterday, we'll win the Super Bowl, but then that becomes the big question.

        Are you surprised at the Packers? I am somewhat--I had thought that the 49ers had a good chance to win against the Saints, but I hadn't really seen the Giants as being able to win today. Their season wasn't that great, so I am surprised.
        YES, please let San Fran win next weekend.

        I don't want another repeat of the 2008 SB, but I think that we are in better shape now and the Giants aren't as strong. What do you think?

        GO PATS!!

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012
          I think this is a good match-up for us. The Ravens really have no passing game. It's a matter of stopping Ray Rice. And if we can start fast, and get out to a lead, Flacco is not the guy to bring them back. If it wasn't for the muffed punt (and T.J. Yates at QB), the Texans might very well have won that game.

          Their pass rush is good, but no better than Denver's, and Brady had lots of time against the Broncos. And if Ed Reed can't go (severe ankle sprain), that's a big blow in pass coverage. Ray Lewis may be a great player, but he and the other LBs have no chance in coverage against our TEs. I just hope Hernandez is OK.

          fdb

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Machado.Nicholas" <machado.nicholas@...> wrote:

          > Another matchup with the Ravens. Hopefully Baltimore having more trouble
          > putting Houston away than the Pats had with Denver is a good sign. If the
          > Pats play as disciplined and focused as they did against the Broncos they
          > should be alright. Haven't seen a game like that out of them for a while. I
          > think Gronkowski and Hernandez give the Pats options and matchups that are
          > going to be very difficult to stop and make the rest of the receivers and
          > running backs that much better. If the defense can hold and stay healthy
          > Baltimore should be beatable.
          >
          > With Green Bay out of it anything can happen. Here's to the 49'rs knocking
          > off the Giants.
          >
          > Thought Ed and George played real well. Made us all proud guys.
          >
          > Harry

        • Ed Bryant
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012
            You are too kind.  As for the late hit, I wasn't at all satisfied that George had him out of bounds already, but apparently the zebras had it right.

            I'll say this, though: if for any reason, for the rest of this season, god forbid, I have to touch Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, or Matt Ryan, it will definitely be an out of bounds hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012
              After the last two years I am not ready to speculate on the SB if and until we get past the Ravens but I will say the Pats do look very good right now and the win against the Broncos was more of a rout.

              I thought the Packers (with plenty of help from NY) played a stinker of a game. 6 turnovers all season then 3 yesterday. Too many mistakes for the playoffs.

              Thought the Giants looked disciplined and focused. Still have plenty of weapons, little Manning is an elite QB and Coughlin is a very good coach. I will say that I think the Pats have better offensive tools this year than 2007-08 and with Ed and George in the mix I think the defense is more versatile and has more options. Not much pass rush back then and only the backfield is, er was, leaky. If Baltimore has little passing offense and is relying on it's running game the Pats are well equipped to handle them.

              Harry

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012
                You didn't have a good view because you were helping to collapse the pocket but George gave a nice second effort to get a hand on the receiver and push him enough that he just stepped out of bounds. Great call by the Ref.

                I believe everyone you mentioned is out of the playoffs Ed. Maybe you will get a shot at Flacco.

                Harry

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 16, 2012
                  Way to go George!

                  From: "Machado.Nicholas" <machado.nicholas@...>