NSA Phone Intercept

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
      Phone Conversion between Leigh Steinberg and Troy Aikperson:

      <Aikman's cell phone rings while putting on the 18th green>

      Aikman: <grabs phone from caddy> Hello? <annoyed>

      Steinberg: Halloow, Troy?  Thish is Leigh Shteinberg.
      Aikman: Who????

      Steinberg: It'ssh me, Leigh Shteinberg, your manager.
      Aikman: <silence> Ohhhh! Leigh!! <rolls eyes>

      Steinberg: Sorry to bother you on the golf course. So how's retirement?
      Aikman: Just fine, what's up?

      Steinberg: Troy old boy, you consider playing QB for a few weeks, while the
      starting QB getsh better?
      Aikman:  Well ONLY, and I do mean ONLY,  if the team is a Super Bowl
      contender.

      Steinberg: Well, in fact, this team IS a Super Bowl contender!
      Aikman: Great!!!  I'd love to!  What team is it?

      Steinberg: It'ssh the Miami Dolphins, Troy.
      Aikman: <abrupt silence, followed by hysterical, uncontrolled laughter.
      Troy breaks rib laughing, drops phone on 18th green, and falls to ground sustaining a concussion>

      Steinberg: Lo Troy?  Troy, you still there?  Troy, what's wrong, Troy???

      -philw (stolen & modified from Jets ng)
    • George The Patsfan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
        ***** Remember when Steinberg was practically deified in the media as the
        example of a "perfect agent"? (The only perfect agent ... well, you know.)

        George 665 + 36 =
        ** World Champion N E Patriots **

        From: philw1776@...
        To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, patriots@...,
        Alan.P.Ward@...
        Subject: [patriotzip] NSA Phone Intercept

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
          That was before his company and major clientele exploded around him.

          Seems he let the young agents in his company do all the work while he
          wined and dined.