Welker fined $10,000 for wearing 'unauthorized hat'

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2011
      Wes Welker was fined $10,000 by the NFL for wearing a 'Bonk Breaker' hat
      during a post-game interview on Sunday after a game against the Miami
      Dolphins. Bonk Breaker is a company Welker is invested in that makes gluten
      free, dairy free energy bars.

      The 16 previous times Welker has worn the hat this season during said
      interview he was not fined. Apparently the league just noticed the hat this
      week. Will they be making the fine retroactive? If not does Welker have
      grounds for a grievance? I think since the league missed the first 16 times
      he wore the hat they at least could have given him a heads-up before they
      fined him.

      http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/12/welker_fined_10_1.html

      Harry

      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."--Aesop