Re: What about Tebow?

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2011
      I kind of think playing zone is the only thing that has saved this pass defense. I don't think these guys are capable of covering man-to-man on good WRs. They would consistently get beat for big plays. With the zone they are playing, we give up the reception, but the DBs are in position to converge on the ball, and limit the damage. If Arrington (or Edleman, for Pete's sake) gets beat in man, it's all over.

      I think it explains why we are last in passing D (yardage), but middle of the pack in scoring D. No 60 yard TD plays, and when the field gets short, the coverage can be tighter and more effective. JMO.

      fdb