We're 3rd for overall record...

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2011
      Darn--Texans (so far) are #1 seed and Ravens second, so we wouldn't get the bye. Squealers would come in as a wild card, as of right now. Hope things turn around, but sometimes a bye isn't always the best thing either I guess.

      Anyone rooting for GB to lose at least one?
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2011
        I’m waiting for the Packers to lose to the Pats in the Super Bowl (but don’t tell my mom, she’s a big Packers fan)

        Peter

        Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:38 PM
        Subject: [patriotzip] We're 3rd for overall record...

        Darn--Texans (so far) are #1 seed and Ravens second, so we wouldn't get the bye. Squealers would come in as a wild card, as of right now. Hope things turn around, but sometimes a bye isn't always the best thing either I guess.

        Anyone rooting for GB to lose at least one?
      • Monty Rodrigues
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2011
          The Texans are currently first because they have an 8-2 conference record.  We're 7-2, so once we've made up that game, I'm not really sure where the tie-breakers stand after that.

          Houston has Carolina, @ Indy and Tenn at home to end.  All winnable games.

          Baltimore has @ San Diego, Cleveland and @ Cincy.  So here's hoping they lose one amongst those...

          Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:38 PM

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2011

            Yeah, I think that the Ravens look more loseable--the Chargers CAN play tough, as can the other tow. Houston has the easier games--I'm guessing the Nags aren't playing to win much anymore, although the Titans could play tough.
            IF we could go ahead of one of those, then we'd get the bye, right?
            I'm always nervous this time of year. It's been so long since we've gotten that ring, so I want it to be our year.

            Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:38 PM

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 12, 2011

              Do you think it could come down to that? Yikes--I'd love to see the Pats get revenge for 1997. We're so much better now, but I don't know how the current Packers stack up against Favre and company.

              For me, part of what made 1997 so nasty was that my mother-in-law was out here (I'm in SoCal) and she's NOT a Packers fan. But, she babbled on and on about that game, right in front of my husband (and me), the Pats fans. Seems like you could be polite if you're watching a game and you're not for or against either team, if you're with someone who IS for one of the teams. I think I could do that!
              If you watched it with your mom, then you'd have that friendly rivalry so it wouldn't be the same thing.

              Just hope we win!!!  GO PATS--beat the Broncos first...

              Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:38 PM