McCourty takes the next step

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2011
      Last year he was a rookie primarily going up against 3rd and 4th stringers.
      This year, because of the injury to Bodden, BB had to throw him into the
      fire as his number one CB taking on the best receivers in the league.
      Naturally his play fell off considerably but McCourty endured and today
      made two great third down plays to force punts ending two drives late and
      had a strong game all around. He's not Ty Law yet but I sense today he took
      a big step toward being the lock-down Corner many of us expected him to
      become after his stellar rookie season. Just in time for the playoffs.

      Tough, gritty win. I wonder what O'Brien and Brady were 'discussing'.

      Harry
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2011
        Yeah, I do think that he's going to be good in the future.
        That was a nail-biter win today, one that shouldn't have been so close (or last week either). But, we have to take each win and then worry about the next week's team.

        GO PATS!!