From: "Levine, David" <david-levine@...>
To: Patsfan <patriots@...>; Pats Zip <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:14 PM
Subject: [patriots] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Chefs)
- The last 2 drives of the first half were vintage Brady. He made all the right reads and made all the right throws. Hitting for 10 quick points before going in was
huge. Coming out and getting another 7 was the icing on the cake.
- Gronk plays like a grown man. He is smooth in and out of his cuts, catches the ball away from his body with his hands, and actually has some speed to boot. The fastest TE to 20 career TDs passing Ditker.
- Edelman on the punt return is the dynamic return guy we have been missing since Troy retired. He is quick and shifty with enough top end speed to be dangerous. I would love to see him take better care of the ball and become the all around return guy.
- Welker, only getting 3 balls his way, continued to pay all out. He blocked and ran clearing routes all night long, letting the TEs dominate.
- Solder is a very good TE for us. Saw him actually release into a pass pattern a couple of times. This gives other teams something to think about when he comes in. It's not just another run play.
- BJGE was just running over
people. He hit the hole and, like the first Jets game, just kept going. Nice to see him involved.
- Vereen was very good as well. Strong and ran fast. Made a couple of good cuts and finished his runs. Just needs to learn to stay in bounds when we are running out the clock.
- Arrington is pulling away from Vince in the INT category. Nice hands that he has for the tip drill
- We went into the bend but don't break D which is perfect for this type of team. 8 plays, 35 yards ending in an INT. 9 plays, 47 yards ending in an INT. No way an average QB doesn't make a mistake in that many plays.
- Liked the Brady run inside the 10 yard line. He got whatever yardage he could and got it close. I would rather see him try and run for 5 or 6 instead of looking to always pass.
- The D is coming together. I would congratulate them but I don't think I know half their names. This
wasn't a high powered O that we faced but we still only gave up 3 points and caused 3 turnovers.
- We never got fooled by the trick plays. We stayed disciplined and fundamental.
- The J-E-T-S lost to an awful Denver team and then the Bills got spanked by Miami. Love it.
- Geoff came through for me by letting me use his Pats account to get 4 more tickets. With his help and Zip's help the week before, our rowdy crew is ready. 18 people from Maine coming to the Indy game. Thanks Geoff.
- Ihedigbo's tackling ability is poor at best. He took an awful line on the Thomas run to the 5. He looks slow and lost in space. If we had anyone healthy, I would love to see him on the bench. BB had him playing at the beginning of the season though. Would have loved to kept Sanders around.
- Our first 1 and a half quarters of football, again, were pretty bad on O. We couldn't
get out of our own way and the blocking of the line was pathetic. I don't know how, with a week of study, we come out so out of sorts.
- Needed 10 points from Welker to be the high scorer in fantasy. In a PPR league, that's a given. 2 catches for 20 yards? What the hell.
- I would have liked to see Cassel play in this game. Would have been nice to hear the fans response to him.
- DeSean Jackson's 54 yard penalty for being a dumbass. It's one thing to celebrate a good catch but he really went over the line. Flipping the ball to the defensive coach, taunting the bench and then wiping off his jersey was just boneheaded.
- What the hell is Brady doing in the game running a QB sneak with the game decided? I would hate to see the franchise go down with a stupid injury when it was completely preventable. I don't mind leaving him in the game, just don't call his number on a
- Cutler breaking his thumb trying to make a tackle after throwing an INT.
- Don't know which is worse. Rexy cursing at a fan or not caring that he was fined $75k.
patriots mailing listpatriots@...