Re: [patriots] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Chefs)

  • Levine, David
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
      Absolutely. Forgot the 3 huge hits that took place on the INT. Looked like the guy ran into a brick wall.

      Dave Levine
      ________________________
      Sent from my BlackBerry.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2014
        The Good
        - Not much to say. Lafell looks like he can actually play if he tries. 2 long gains with good speed. We need to get him the ball more.
        - Jones continues to put maximum effort in. He is the only guy who can get pressure. Not sure where the rest comes from though.
        - I thought Stark played well at center. No problems with the crowd noise, solid snaps, good accuracy in the shotgun and decent protection.
        - Jimmy G looked poised and solid in mop up duty. He read the D well, took what they gave him, controlled the O, and made the right decisions. He really may be the future once 12 is done. I am not ready to say 12 is done though.
        - Everyone in the division is terrible so we have the clear opportunity to make the playoffs. The season really doesn't start until Thanksgiving so there is still plenty of time to get this right.
        - White looked good in mop up duty too. In pre-season, he looked tentative and slow to hit the hole. He came through fast tonight.
        - Ridley continues his streak of solid ball security. I hope we can dedicate a little to the run game and get this guy going. He can be good.

        The Bad
        - Where is our hurry up offence? We used that so well in the past to keep certain D personnel on the field but we have not done it once this year. Get the other team in the standard D and spread them out?
        - Our schemes are not sound. Why do we run a sweep to the short side of the field. We have no screen passes in our O even with a couple of good backs to run it. Where are the quick slants to get 4 yards and the first down?
        - Why can't we get 1 or 2 yards on a run? We have not been able to do that since Dillon.
        - Brady still refuses to throw to the open guy and forces it into coverage. Is it his trust in the players or the play.
        - For as good as our D was all year, we didn't put up any resistance. How do you no know that Charles is getting the ball. He is a stud.

        The Ugly
        - The pick to Edelman was all on Brady. It is an option play based on the D. If the safety comes over, the WR stops short and looks for the back shoulder or comeback throw. If the safety stays in the middle of the field, take the deep shot 1 on 1. The safety came over the top, Edelman read it and stopped, Brady missed it and threw deep.
        - The pick to Amendola was all on Brady. Danny ran a deep cross with both deep and underneath coverage. Nowhere to throw the ball but Tom did anyway.
        - Our OL is not good and I don't think it's due to personnel. I think our schemes are not solid. We are asking guys to hold 1 on 1 blocks for too long in some situations and we are doubling where no help is needed.
        - Why is it that when we blitz, the extra guy always runs into a blocker? We are rushing 6 for 6 blockers and no one can hit an empty hole? Really? We can't design something to get a guy free? All I watched was the extra guy come straight up the middle and get stoned at the LOS. There has to be a gap for a guy to get through somewhere. This is on the coaching staff.

        Dave
      • Mark Morse
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2014
          Lots of good points as usual Dave!

          Good - Slater was excellent on punt coverage. Showed the national audience why he is a perennial ALL PRO!

          Bad - Stork was repeating his snap counts every time he had a shotgun snap. Hali being a veteran knew when he was going to snap it (he looked offside) and blew past Solder like he was statue!

          Logan Ryan's hand to the face penalty at the end of the 1st half. Gave Chiefs 3 points and Ryan was benched from that point on. If the Patriots had held Chiefs to 14 1st half points and they were getting the ball back to start 2nd half, they might have had some momentum.

          The Chiefs ran at Chandler Jones and he couldn't hold the edge. Patriots didn't make an adjustment. The Defense played too passive and sat back. Why hasn't Revis played tight man up, bump and run?

          Ugly - Brady - He has lost it! Yes the offensive line is bad. He can't throw long and he doesn't have the receivers to throw long. Opposition is playing a 20 yard box, because that is all they have to cover. Chieks had 10 men in the box and Brady couldn't complete a long pass. They even kept Gronk in for extra pass protection! They protected Brady in the 1st half yet Brady threw wounded ducks and helped put the Patriots in a big hole, losng the filed position battle. Why did they come out throwing? They tried to run a screen and the Chiefs smelled it out forcing Brady to throw it away. The next time they tried it, was with Garappolo.

          Stats - The Patriots best starting position all night was their own 20 yard line (look it up! Even after the 15 yard penalty for exssesive celebration enforced on the kickoff). Patriots had 4 - 3 and outs, their opening drive of the game, the opening drive of the 2nd half, an interception and fumble. Their other Int came on 2 down of a drive.

          Why isn't Wright being targeted? He can catch and has caught 4 of 5 passes thrown to him. Why can't we run the 3 TE bunch formations?

          At one point in the 1st half Alex Smith was 26 of 29, two dropped passes to wide open receivers and only one pass breakup by McCourty.

          Will Browner and Tyms be activated? Why were both Dobson and Thompson inactive? Where in the world is Danny Amendola?

          Subject: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Chefs)
          To: "patriotzip@yahoogroups.com" <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>, "New England Patriots" <patriots@...>
          Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 8:48 AM

[...]

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516 --
          #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp {
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
          0;padding:0 10px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp hr {
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp #yiv0812455516hd {
          color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
          0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp #yiv0812455516ads {
          margin-bottom:10px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp .yiv0812455516ad {
          padding:0 0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp .yiv0812455516ad p {
          margin:0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mkp .yiv0812455516ad a {
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-sponsor
          #yiv0812455516ygrp-lc {
          font-family:Arial;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-sponsor
          #yiv0812455516ygrp-lc #yiv0812455516hd {
          margin:10px
          0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-sponsor
          #yiv0812455516ygrp-lc .yiv0812455516ad {
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516actions {
          font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516activity {
          background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516activity span {
          font-weight:700;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516activity span:first-child {
          text-transform:uppercase;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516activity span a {
          color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516activity span span {
          color:#ff7900;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516activity span
          .yiv0812455516underline {
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516attach {
          clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
          0;width:400px;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516attach div a {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516attach img {
          border:none;padding-right:5px;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516attach label {
          display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516attach label a {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 blockquote {
          margin:0 0 0 4px;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516bold {
          font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516bold a {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 dd.yiv0812455516last p a {
          font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

          #yiv0812455516 dd.yiv0812455516last p span {
          margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

          #yiv0812455516 dd.yiv0812455516last p
          span.yiv0812455516yshortcuts {
          margin-right:0;}

          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516attach-table div div a {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516attach-table {
          width:400px;}

          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516file-title a, #yiv0812455516
          div.yiv0812455516file-title a:active, #yiv0812455516
          div.yiv0812455516file-title a:hover, #yiv0812455516
          div.yiv0812455516file-title a:visited {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516photo-title a,
          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516photo-title a:active,
          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516photo-title a:hover,
          #yiv0812455516 div.yiv0812455516photo-title a:visited {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 div#yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg
          #yiv0812455516ygrp-msg p a span.yiv0812455516yshortcuts {
          font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516green {
          color:#628c2a;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516MsoNormal {
          margin:0 0 0 0;}

          #yiv0812455516 o {
          font-size:0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516photos div {
          float:left;width:72px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516photos div div {
          border:1px solid
          #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516photos div label {
          color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516reco-category {
          font-size:77%;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516reco-desc {
          font-size:77%;}

          #yiv0812455516 .yiv0812455516replbq {
          margin:4px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
          margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg {
          font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
          sans-serif;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg table {
          font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg select,
          #yiv0812455516 input, #yiv0812455516 textarea {
          font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv0812455516
          code {
          font:115% monospace;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg * {
          line-height:1.22em;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-mlmsg #yiv0812455516logo {
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-msg p a {
          font-family:Verdana;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-msg
          p#yiv0812455516attach-count span {
          color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-reco
          #yiv0812455516reco-head {
          color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-reco {
          margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-sponsor #yiv0812455516ov
          li a {
          font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-sponsor #yiv0812455516ov
          li {
          font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-sponsor #yiv0812455516ov
          ul {
          margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-text {
          font-family:Georgia;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-text p {
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-text tt {
          font-size:120%;}

          #yiv0812455516 #yiv0812455516ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
          border-right:none !important;
          }
          #yiv0812455516
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2014

            Not sure what to say, I’m still so mad.

            But wanted to acknowledge your weekly list…I love it even if things went to “you know where”…

            Sure seemed as if in preseason we heard good things about some of our groupings, but where are they now? In absentia, apparently.

            KC sure had another exciting night last night with the baseball. Now they come here to Anaheim, to be escorted out of the playoffs hopefully.

            Will you guys root for my Angels for me, since the Red Sox aren’t in there?