HOW SWEET IT IS!

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2011
      My Acer laptop - $350

      My subscription to NFL Game Pass $269

      Watching the Patriots soundly beat the Jets in New Joisey to sweep the
      season series - PRICELESS! :-)

      No matter what happens from this point forward, I will consider this
      season to be nothing less that a success. Putting a sock in Rex Ryan's
      mouth makes it really hard to have regrets.

      That said, I am not having visions of another Lombardy Trophy dancing
      in my head. The Jets really do have an anemic offense, largely because
      Sanchez is, at best, a mediocre QB. They don't have an elite big play
      WR; or an elite RB. In fact, their only elite player is C Nick
      Mangold. They do have an above average defense; but it can't be rated
      as "elite" overall either.

      So, while I truly cherish sweeping them this season, those victories,
      and the near certainty now of winning the Eastern Division again; do
      not put the Patriots on a par with the Steelers, Ravens (forget their
      implosion on the west coast), or, IMO, even the Texans. I'm still not
      ready to believe that this team can win the AFC Championship this
      year.

      But I do believe that it is a team that is giving its all. They showed
      me something special in the way they stepped up against their biggest
      rival in this game. I have nothing but respect for the players and
      coaches, as a result. Whatever happens in the playoffs, I remain proud
      to be a Patriots fan.

      (Oh, by the way, I am also VERY happy to acknowledge the record set by
      BB and Brady for most wins by a Head Coach/QB combination. One less
      thing for the "one season wonder" Dolphins to crow about!)

      --
      George - Who believes that Rob Gronkowski is headed for the title of
      "Best TE in the history of the NFL"!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2011
          Ed, you owe me a new keyboard. When I read this the coffee that spewed out of my mouth and nose shorted it out.

          Nothing fancy but I do have to have ergonomic.

          Harry