RE: [patriotzip] NFL Trivia Question with Patriots twist

  • Randy Pierce
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011

      It it’s a Patriot connection…would it be the Coach’s coach?

      Go Pats!

      Randy/Zip

      Too young

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
        Because you claim there's  Patriots twist, and because the game was in 1941, then it would seem Steve Belichick's PRTD would be a candidate, but I didn't know he only ever returned the one.  In the footage, they pick him up after he already has the ball in his hands, but you can see him dodge a tackler or two.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
          No, it wasn't me!

          On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:

          Who is the only player in NFL history to return a punt in his one and only punt return?

          This occurred on Oct 26th 1941!

          Mark Morse
          Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

          I stand by my personal belief that the foundation of the American way of life is made of two primary elements: individual freedom and individual responsibility. All legislation passed in the USA should have to pass a litmus test to ensure that the law will not reduce either, unless national security is threatened. Much like the application of the "Golden Rule" to daily life in society, adherence to those two principles could guarantee positive results in government.

        • Mark Morse
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
            Ed you are Correct!  I am not sure Steve Belichick actually coached his son on any team, but surely he did teach him a thing or two in the film room!

            Kicker in regular season game ... that would be Gostkowski and Welker.  #85 actually kicked in a pre-season game against the Pats, but that doesn't count.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
              Steve Belichick looked at his son and his build and his thickish legs and steered him to interior line.  There was a summer camp with which Belichick was involved, and it was there that the Bill Clinton- Jack Kennedy handshake moment first occurred, though neither of those guys was involved.  John Unitas is photographed taking a snap from Steve Belichick's kid. But on a real football team, Steve was never Bill's coach.

              Very good on Welker and Ochocinco.  By the way, since I'm trying to become a math teacher 8 plus 5 equals 7 plus 6 and that was the score of the preseason game in which Ochocinco kicked the successful try.