Re: [patriotzip] Re: New Article from Bob George

  • Bob George
    Message 1 of 269 , Oct 31, 2002
      > The problem with your theory is this...who was going to have salary cap
      > space for Drew if the Pats held out? We are talking about a huge contract
      > Bob.

      Okay, time to reach here...asking for everyone's patience, I'm getting
      senile :-)

      Wasn't there a team which said they'd take Drew if he agreed to a major
      restructure and was that team Cincinnati? Drew originally said that he
      didn't want to play in Cincy, then later warmed up to the idea, but by then
      the Bungles took their offer off the table? Bring me up to speed on this
      one, folks.

      The point is: salary cap should not have been a prob. Drew wanted out of
      NE so bad that he probably would have given a potential suitor a way to fit
      his big contract in. The only team I heard that was willing to do this was
      Cincy, I think.

      Bob G
    • bobg@bossports.net
      Message 269 of 269 , Oct 17, 2004