Re: [patriotzip] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Raiders)

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2011
      If the injury is serious enough, it could be Woodhead that goes to IR and Faulk is re-instated into the position that Woohead has kept warm for him since week 2 of last year!

      Would like to see what Vereen can do and we might see it this weekend!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2014
        The Good
        - Yes, we struggled with a team we should have beaten handily but a win is a win. A blowout and a squeaker go down the same in the record book.
        - Edelman continues to do is best Wes Welker impression. He seems faster and a little more slippery than Wes too.
        - Our D continues to play extremely well. The run D has taken a step forward as we didn't let anyone get a big gain all day. The DBs are also playing well. We get Browner back after 1 more game which will make us more dangerous.
        - Big Vince has the soft hands to seal the win for us. Too bad we didn't get to see him run a little.
        - With everyone else losing, we are now tied for the division lead with Buffalo. I hated being behind the Jets.
        - Nice moment after the game between Brady and Woodson. Two hard core competitors that leave it on the field week in and week out but know when the game is over and have complete respect for their opponent.
        - Good commitment to the run game. Ridley is earning the trust of the coaches again.
        - Another win by the Portland 8th grade team. Undefeated in the regular season with 2 to go before playoffs. Ben moved to center as our starter was out with an illness. He had a couple of problems with the QB pulling out too early but they managed to get their timing down later. Blew open a hole on a QB dive that went for a 60 yard TD run instead of the designed yard we needed.

        The Bad
        - What is up with the penalties? I understand some of the holding and PI stuff but false starts and offsides are mental mistakes.
        - Why do we always have a penalty on a big play. Amendola had a huge catch and run negated. Lafell had a first down called back.
        - Brady is still off target a little. Missed Gronk on the misdirection play. Missed him again for a TD. Missed Amendola on a TD. He works too hard to let this last much longer. He'll break out soon.
        - Hated to see Woodhead and Cassel go down with season ending injuries. Sometimes you just have to root for a player no matter what team they are on.
        - I know we need to take shots downfield to keep everyone honest but I think we have abandoned the quick pass. Short drop and get the ball out early. We have the receivers to do it. Both Edelman and Amendola are quick in the short game. Gronk is easy to post up and Wright seems to have the athletic ability to create space when matched up against a LB. We are very effective when we go to the dink and dunk.
        - Can we please come up with some short yardage plays that will get us a yard when we need it. I am sick of seeing us get stuffed on short yardage plays. We need to be able to pick up the first down in the middle of the field or get the TD with goal to go.

        The Ugly
        - Every point in the game was scored by a -kowski. Ghost, Gronk and the original Seabass. Little known fact there Norm.
        - Between Rice, Peterson and the other shmucks that are getting suspended, there is no football news. Goodell is not helping himself with the press conference after the fact. Ravens are looking guilty of knowing something as well according to Outside the Lines. There is no place for any of this behavior and I wish the teams would act accordingly. The Pats didn't waste time in releasing Hernandez. Why is everyone else so reluctant to get rid of a star?
        - Nice pass by Sanchez, oops I mean Geno Smith. First minute and you already throw a pick 6? Way to dig a hole for your team.

        Dave