RE: [patriots] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Raiders)

  • Levine, David
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      Actually, the penalty was on Welker for illegal motion. Did it to keep his position as #1 WR intact. Negate an 85 catch and he is clearly the man. Welker just wants to keep 85 down.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2011
        Re-watched the game last night ...

        Your point about the failed TO is spot on.  There were a little over a 41 seconds left when BJGE caught a pass and tafter the next play (Incomplete pass) there were 21 seconds.  Thats an eternity.

        Spikes really stepped up in this game.  This was his type of game and he won't be that good against other teams.

        Thought Arrington played a good game too.  I actually think he is an improvement over Bodden right now.

        Overall run defense was very good, limiting the league leading rusher to under 100 yards (41 came on one play).

        Loved the burst and elusiveness of Ridley,  he doesn't go down on the first hit and breaks arm tackles.

        Mark Morse
        Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
        >- Our drive at the end of the half was fantastic.  After the INT, we were able to march down the field and get 3 points.  That was >a 10 point swing and gave us a commanding lead.

        I actually thought we blew the end of that drive. We didn't call a TD after a first-down run (even though we had two to burn) and then just took three shots at the end zone with 30-some seconds left. I thought we missed a chance to get closer and then take a few shots.

        >The Bad
        >- Woodhead's injury will come back to haunt us.  He is so valuable to this O that we could be in trouble without him.  Ridley will >have to learn quick.

        If it's bad (and I haven't seen anything), could open up a spot for Faulk to come back. That's kind of incredible when you think we could just plug a great player right back in.

        Jacob

      • Machado.Nicholas