Re: [patriotzip] Yeatman a surprise cut

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
      Whether or not he played "fullback," seeing him play "fullback" beats calling Tracy White all excited to salute Tracy White's TD, only to be told by T W's blind husband that Guyton's TD was being called back.

      Then, now that I've watched Guyton's TD on tape, I heard Jeff Triplette announce that the penalty was on the kicking team, whereupon Criqui and Cross wished for the Patriots they might  be allowed to decline the penalty.  Later, Cross clarified that the penalty was on New England, despite what Jeff Triplette had said, but Triplette called it on the kicking team, which is what NE was at the time.

      Later still, Channel 5 opened with a guy looking at two cell phones in his own hands, and threw it to Zo, so they could miss the snap and the escape on the 65 yard fake punt play.  Naturally, once they showed a single replay, they had no awareness that N E had tried such a play just last year, let alone that the play once worked for Bill Belichick and won a playoff game for BB and the Giants!!

      Hernandez will line up in a lot of different spots.  When he lines up right in front of the running back, I'm with you in calling that "fullback," but now that we will have Brian Waters, I expect Dan Connolly to get the job back as goal line lead blocker.  Last year, when Mankins was on leave, or after Neal was hurt, Ryan Wendell would sub for Connolly when Connolly moved to "fullback," but this year, I suspect Connolly will be the number one sub.  Wendell?  I'll be interested to see which of the two gets back first, but I'd bet on Connolly.

      Tracy White has a real good game on Thursday, even if it was Guyton who didn't score.