Poor Job Constructing Roster

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2011
      It appears the Patriots did a very poor job with their 53 man roster construction.

      6 - CB McCourty, Bodden, Arrington, Dowling, Butler and Molden  Why six?  I cannot see why we kept Butler as oppossed to some of the younger players that got scooped up.

      I liked UDFA Jeff Tarpinian, but not at the expense cutting Steve Manieri or Will Yeatman.  Did the Patriots know that Yeatman had been claimed by Miami before they cut Manieri ( and scooped up by KC)?  Report had it they had Yeatman in Foxboro waiting to sign his Practice Squad contract.  Poor roster management.  Tarpinian is made of glass as his collegiate career indicated.  He is constantly hurt!

      I can't believe the Pats could not trade any of the 6 (yes thats 6) players that were claimed!  That doesn't include Merriweather, Sanders, Wilhite or Ricky Brown that signed as Free Agents.  Why couldn't they get any draft picks if there was so much interest (I heard a number of 16 claims)?  I just don't think BB and company worked hard enough.

      We have no FB on short yardage and we don't have a 3rd TE either.  Vollmer was not at practice and we have Connolly and Wendell coming back from Injury.  Waters is going to start with a week of practice!

      Liked the acquisition of Waters but overall very disappointed ... so far!

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup