Re: [patriots] Cuts

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
      I suspect Quinn Ojinnaka will be starting at right guard in Miami if Connolly's injury is serious.

      Sharper & Crumpler are both No Sooner Than Game Two, IMHO.

      And unlike what some pundits seem to imply, the trading business starts now.  Everyone had to see who would be cut, who kept before settling for a trade.

      My biggest surprise was trying to sneak Austin onto the PS.  I thought the injuries on the O Line were going to force NE to keep him on the roster.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2014
        Only surprises to me is Worthy and Bequette. I felt that Buchannan was hurt enough to be out on IR, opening a spot for Bequette. I'm not say that Bequette earned a spot, but that Buchannan being hurt opened a spot for him. The 53 man roster today will not be the 53 man roster for the game vs Dolphins. There is still a chance that Buchannan gets put on after the 53 man roster is set, on the short term IR and Bequette is recalled.

        We may also claim players from other teams ... this roster is fluid until probably Saturday.

        To: "patriots@..." <patriots@...>
        Date: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 12:24 PM

        No real surprises on cuts so far.

        Boyce is probably the biggest disappointment. Waste of a
        fourth-round
        pick. Wouldn't mind if he gets on the practice squad and
        gets another
        year to develop and see if that helps. Probably opens up an
        extra spot
        for an RB or safety.

        No surprise on Halapio. I was baffled when at the start of
        the camp
        Reiss (IIRC) declared he'd be a lock. I'm not sure when
        sixth-round
        picks became locks to make the team as rookies. I think that
        probably
        ends after the fourth-round.

        Jacob