RE: [patriotzip] Yeatman a surprise cut

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2011

      Maybe Dan Connolly then. J

      Don

      From: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com [mailto: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Mark Morse
      Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:19 PM
      To: Patriots; Zip List
      Subject: [patriotzip] Yeatman a surprise cut

      Looks like Manieri and Solder will be 3rd TE.  So much for Don's theory of Yeatman as the lead blocker / FB

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup

    • Scott Sheaffer
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2011
        I'm disappointed to hear this. I haven't heard the latest news yet, so I don't know if anyone else picked him up. I hope Yeatman makes it through waivers, and makes it to the practice squad. I think he did a great job on the field, and he could be a great find. He blocked well, got open, and made some good catches. He's probably a better extra blocker in short yardage than Hernandez, and yet he still provides a pass catching threat. Of course, in pure passing situations, Hernandez is the better receiver, and gives a lot of options. For instance, if the other team goes heavy, Hernandez can become a receiver and spread the defense out in order to attack through the air. If a team comes in with extra DBs, Hernandez can line up like an extra tight end and allow the Pats to over power a defense.

        I really think we should have kept 3 TEs and not taken a chance that someone else will snatch Yeatman. Sure, we can bring Crumpler back, but he's only got so much left in the tank, meanwhile, Yeatman could be an excellent player for years to come.

        Scott Sheaffer
      • Tracy Pierce
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011

          I saw a few plays with Heralded as fb... Was I dreaming that?

          Trscy

          On Sep 3, 2011 5:56 PM, "Mark Morse" <packy001@...> wrote:
          > Ian Rappaport tweeted that UDFA Will Yeatman has been cut (big surprise to me).  he was running with the ones.
          >
          > Don,
          > There goes your idea of having Yeatman as a FB.  Looks like Manieri and Solder will be the blocking 3rd TE
          >
          > Mark Morse
          > Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
          > http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazorsEdgeTailgate/
        • Ed Bryant
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
            "Heralded????"

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011

              Darn autocorrect!
              Make that 81. Hernandez. :)

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
                Whether or not he played "fullback," seeing him play "fullback" beats calling Tracy White all excited to salute Tracy White's TD, only to be told by T W's blind husband that Guyton's TD was being called back.

                Then, now that I've watched Guyton's TD on tape, I heard Jeff Triplette announce that the penalty was on the kicking team, whereupon Criqui and Cross wished for the Patriots they might  be allowed to decline the penalty.  Later, Cross clarified that the penalty was on New England, despite what Jeff Triplette had said, but Triplette called it on the kicking team, which is what NE was at the time.

                Later still, Channel 5 opened with a guy looking at two cell phones in his own hands, and threw it to Zo, so they could miss the snap and the escape on the 65 yard fake punt play.  Naturally, once they showed a single replay, they had no awareness that N E had tried such a play just last year, let alone that the play once worked for Bill Belichick and won a playoff game for BB and the Giants!!

                Hernandez will line up in a lot of different spots.  When he lines up right in front of the running back, I'm with you in calling that "fullback," but now that we will have Brian Waters, I expect Dan Connolly to get the job back as goal line lead blocker.  Last year, when Mankins was on leave, or after Neal was hurt, Ryan Wendell would sub for Connolly when Connolly moved to "fullback," but this year, I suspect Connolly will be the number one sub.  Wendell?  I'll be interested to see which of the two gets back first, but I'd bet on Connolly.

                Tracy White has a real good game on Thursday, even if it was Guyton who didn't score.