Re: [patriots] Cuts

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
      I had both Moore and Morris making the team before the last pre-season game.  Suppossedly Morris got a concussion during the last pre-season game.  I think he will get waived injured with an injury settlement.  He then becomes part of the shadow roster.  They don't have to guarantee his contract since he won't be on the team at the start of the season.  Look for the Pats to sign another FB type from waivers.

      Merriweather doesn't surprise me at all .... I had that in my first draft of the 53 man projection.  Curious to see if its Ventrone or Barrett or nboth that stay.  Reiss says that Molden made a big impression having arrived the night before and playing so well in the pre-season game.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
        What do you think about Weatman possibly filling the FB roll as well as
        being a TE? I think that's the kind of combination player Belichick likes.

        Don Diamant

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
          Oops, typo, that should have been Yeatman not Weatman.

          Don

          What do you think about Weatman possibly filling the FB roll as well as
          being a TE? I think that's the kind of combination player Belichick likes.

          Don Diamant

          Looks like TE~ Smith,  RB Morris and S Meriweather are goners.

          Not sure how many are left to go

          Steve - who's not going anywhere
        • Ed Bryant
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
            I suspect Quinn Ojinnaka will be starting at right guard in Miami if Connolly's injury is serious.

            Sharper & Crumpler are both No Sooner Than Game Two, IMHO.

            And unlike what some pundits seem to imply, the trading business starts now.  Everyone had to see who would be cut, who kept before settling for a trade.

            My biggest surprise was trying to sneak Austin onto the PS.  I thought the injuries on the O Line were going to force NE to keep him on the roster.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 30, 2014
              Only surprises to me is Worthy and Bequette. I felt that Buchannan was hurt enough to be out on IR, opening a spot for Bequette. I'm not say that Bequette earned a spot, but that Buchannan being hurt opened a spot for him. The 53 man roster today will not be the 53 man roster for the game vs Dolphins. There is still a chance that Buchannan gets put on after the 53 man roster is set, on the short term IR and Bequette is recalled.

              We may also claim players from other teams ... this roster is fluid until probably Saturday.

              To: "patriots@..." <patriots@...>
              Date: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 12:24 PM

              No real surprises on cuts so far.

              Boyce is probably the biggest disappointment. Waste of a
              fourth-round
              pick. Wouldn't mind if he gets on the practice squad and
              gets another
              year to develop and see if that helps. Probably opens up an
              extra spot
              for an RB or safety.

              No surprise on Halapio. I was baffled when at the start of
              the camp
              Reiss (IIRC) declared he'd be a lock. I'm not sure when
              sixth-round
              picks became locks to make the team as rookies. I think that
              probably
              ends after the fourth-round.

              Jacob