Re: Barrett vs Meriweather

  • Scott Sheaffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
      I'm intrigued by Barrett. He's got good size for a safety at 225 lbs, and in 2008, he was the fastest safety in the draft with a 4.3 in the 40. However, those physical tools haven't made him anything special in the NFL. So far he's struggled to stay healthy and to simply stay in the league. His senior season was a disappointment, and contributed to him being a 7th round pick even though Sports Illustrated projected him to to go in the 3rd. By the end of his rookie year, he'd won a starting job in Denver, however he lost that job in 2009. Then he spent 2010 on I.R. If Barrett hangs on, maybe he'll finally get his act together.

      Scott Sheaffer