TE Battle brewing in camp

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
      UDFA Will Yeatman is putting on a hard charge to take away the third TE spot from Draftee LE Smith.  Both are impressive size (6'6" 270lbs), but it seems that Yeatman has more skill.  He had two nice ctches in the pre-season game and has been elevated (according to Mike Reiss) to working with the first team in 3 TE sets.

      MHO is that we carry only two TE's with Manieri and Solder acting as the 3rd TE.  Manieri wa a 4 year starter at TE for Temple before converting to OT last year and Solder came to Colorado as a TE.  BB tries and sneak one or both rookies through waivers.

      Mark Morse
      Razor's Edge Tailgate Patriots Fangroup
    • Ed Bryant
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
        Lee Smith could still be the long snapper if Kattula messes up again.  Yeatman is huge and impressive. It reminds me of the old edbryant riddle: why did Belichick keep three tight ends? Because he couldn't find a fourth!

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 18, 2011
          BB may have found that fourth if Crumpler mends in time. Hernandez deep,
          Gronk mid field with Crump and Yeatman blocking off the snap then running
          short routes. Ought to create a few mismatches with Ridley or Faulk in the BF.

          Harry

          At 07:46 PM 8/16/2011 -0700, you wrote:

          >Lee Smith could still be the long snapper if Kattula messes up
          >again. Yeatman is huge and impressive. It reminds me of the old edbryant
          >riddle: why did Belichick keep three tight ends? Because he couldn't find
          >a fourth!

          "If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year,
          yet they spend $75,000 a year, and have $327,000 in credit card debt. They
          are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to
          $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget and
          debt, reduced to a level that we can understand."---Dave Ramsey