Re: Football question

  • PatriotZip
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2002
      --- In patriotzip@y..., philw1776@a... wrote:
      >> So, then Bill Russell is a lousy motivational speaker?

      Or his audience were poor listeners ... OR ... the first two wins
      came too easy and ruined a good thing (my personal theory).
    • philw1776@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2002
        In a message dated 10/30/2002 6:02:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, patriotzip@... writes:

        --- In patriotzip@y..., philw1776@a... wrote:
        >>So, then Bill Russell is a lousy motivational speaker?

        Or his audience were poor listeners ... OR ... the first two wins
        came too easy and ruined a good thing (my personal theory).

        I buy your theory.  I was being facietious.  I love Russ.

        -philw
      • Rob Bosch
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2002
          I put most of the blame on Seymour. This guy is getting blown off the line
          of scrimmage. It's just so hard to imagine what happened to this guy. If he
          was playing the way he was last year I suspect the Pats would not be having
          as big a problem against the run. He's a number one pick, and his play is
          inexcusable. He went from a really solid player to a possible bust in one
          season. I'm going to be paying a lot of attention to his play these next few
          weeks.

          -Pats Freak

          > First point of blame goes to Anthony Pleasant being below last season
          > at least in part due to injury. Next we hit Brandon Mitchell. When
          > Mitchell wasn't injured, he could provide some rush pressure which
          > helped give Seymour room. Martin is more of a mountain style
          > defender. The next reason is a bit more challenging to find. I
          > think Seymour let last year go to his head a bit - I can't figure
          > another reason for such pronounced drop off in both intensity and
          > results.

        • PatriotZip
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2002
            Do you think the lack of a DL coach is a major factor?

            Zip - who will be eager to read Freak's Seymour grade on Monday...

            "Stay Low Richard"

            --- In patriotzip@y..., "Rob Bosch" <rob.bosch@r...> wrote:
            > I put most of the blame on Seymour. This guy is getting blown off
            the line
            > of scrimmage. It's just so hard to imagine what happened to this
            guy. If he
            > was playing the way he was last year I suspect the Pats would not
            be having
            > as big a problem against the run. He's a number one pick, and his
            play is
            > inexcusable. He went from a really solid player to a possible bust
            in one
            > season. I'm going to be paying a lot of attention to his play these
            next few
            > weeks.
            >
            > -Pats Freak
            >

            > > First point of blame goes to Anthony Pleasant being below last
            season
            > > at least in part due to injury. Next we hit Brandon Mitchell.
            When
            > > Mitchell wasn't injured, he could provide some rush pressure which
            > > helped give Seymour room. Martin is more of a mountain style
            > > defender. The next reason is a bit more challenging to find. I
            > > think Seymour let last year go to his head a bit - I can't figure
            > > another reason for such pronounced drop off in both intensity and
            > > results.

          • Rob Bosch
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2002
              I don't know if I would say no DL coach is a factor. Keeping your pad level
              low is a basic tenant of football on defense. I don't know if there is any
              easy answer on why his play has dropped off so dramatically. All I know is
              that it is killing the Pats run defense. It's not all on him, but a good
              part of it is. I just wonder if his height is a big problem. Typically a guy
              his size would play at end, and maybe that's where he'll end up one day.
              It's amazing that I sometimes look at the Pats and think that there may be
              at least 4 or 5 guys playing out of position. I think Light and Jones are
              guards, not tackles. I think Seymour is probably a better fit at end
              (although I don't know if he's quick enough). I think Ty Law...and this
              might be the first time you've heard this...would be a great safety. And
              ideally Bruschi would be an outside LB instead of playing in the middle.

              Just some random thoughts from a fan that is more than frustrated at the
              recent play of his team. Beating Drew and the Bills would be just the elixir
              I need to bring me out of the doldrums.

              -Pats Freak